Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent laptop, October 24, 2012
This review is from: HP Pavilion g6-1d80nr 15.6-Inch Laptop (Dark Gray) (Personal Computers)
I have owned many HP Pavilion desktops over the years, and loved them all. They all lasted for many years, and never had any problems at all. I'm not sure if the Pavilion is a separate division of HP or not, but it's a name I know and trust. I have had several HP printers also that print beautifully without problems, so when it was time for a new laptop, I chose another HP.

This is a sleek, good looking, lightweight workhorse of a computer. It comes loaded with Office, which I wanted. The keyboard is perfect, and the screen is matte and doesn't seem to collect dirt and fingerprints easily. The fingerpad mouse works effortlessly as well. I like this so much, I stopped using my desktop computer completely and now have only this on my desk.

This stays remarkably cool on the bottom, unlike some other laptops I've used. And the price is good for a remarkably nice laptop, carrying the Pavilion brand no less. The case is glossy but it also fingerprint resistant. It's a classy chassis and not cheap feeling. The keys feel solid and are very quiet.

The touch pad is excellent. It is a simple textured plastic pad built into the wrist rest with two mouse buttons underneath. The pad is the right texture, and the buttons are solid feeling.

The display is LED backlit, with great quality image. This also has nice Altec Lansing speakers, which sound very good for a laptop. Not great, but better than most.

I'm no expert on chipsets and processors. I can only tell you tha this one doesn't slow down when I have Dreamweaver open along with Office, at the same time. I keep those two programs, along with a few other windows, open at the same time. I can't tell that this is such an inexpensive laptop, since all these programs respond perfectly even though I am probably using the maximum ram.

The built-in CD/DVD burner was a must have for me. So many laptops skip this, but I use a lot of CD's since I subscribe to Netflix, and was tired of hooking my external CD drive to my last small laptop.

I can't think of any negatives on this laptop. I have found that anything with the HP Pavilion name on it works flawlessly, and this one is no different. This is my fifth Pavilion.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]