3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
13 ways in which Emily is back and stranger,
This review is from: Emily the Strange: Stranger and Stranger (Hardcover)
The only way to talk about Emily the Strange is in a list of thirteen items.
1. Emily the Strange is back in a fine sequel to Emily the Strange: The Lost Days.
2. Emily has moved... Again.
3. Her posse, Mystery, NeeChee, Sabbath, and Miles has moved with her and the posse have marked their turf in their *special* feline way.
4. We get to see two sides of Emily in this book.
5. Emily makes a friend, Binary Larry, who doesn't even waste time with hexidecimal.
6. The new neighbor, Venus Fang Fang, has a fair dose of strange herself.
7. Emily's new gadget doubles the hands available for projects, but upsets the cats.
8. That black liquid rock stuff is back. And stranger. And still begging a bunch of questions.
9. Emily's golem, Raven, moves with her, and gets, <gasp> a pedicure. The horror.
10. Emily starts to appreciate how many problems she can create for herself.
11. Emily meets someone who can actually teach her some new tricks in lock-picking, pranking, using machine tools, and other necessary skills.
12. Emily's Manifesto of Strange is an overnight hit, but may be a little too much for the normal.
13. Emily still rocks. (And comes up with names for rock bands.)
If you haven't read Emily the Strange before, there is no explaining her, just sit back and enjoy a very strange ride. An excellent 'independent reader' series.
E.M. Van Court
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 16, 2012 10:05:49 AM PST
William S. Korwan says:
your right i love emily the strange i can relate to her
‹ Previous 1 Next ›