3.0 out of 5 stars 3 1/2 stars for scaring the crap outta me, January 21, 2010
This review is from: The Fourth Kind [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I love scary movies but as I get older, I have a harder time with them. Aliens in general are really what freak me out. I can't watch scary movies after a certain time of day, because they give me nightmares. Unfortunately for me, I watched this movie too late because I had low expectations and didn't expect it to scare me. The good news: no nightmares. The bad news: I was awake staring at the door in fear until the sun came up.

While I was pretty sure from the start that the claims of real life footage being in the movie were bogus, it still scared the crap outta me. But the promise of "archival footage" even though it really wasn't annoyed me, so I deducted some points for that.

It starts a little slow but once it gets going it's definitely a good scary movie in my opinion. For me, horror movies aren't about cinematic integrity, but how much they entertain and horrify you. This one fit the bill. Worth a watch(not a purchase), but don't watch it at night. Just a tip.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 24, 2010 12:18:43 AM PST
I know! Even though Aliens aren't real, its scares the crap outta me! Especially when the police officer on the camera walks to the house and sees a UFO and the footage cuts out and when Milla's character stares at the door and black figures come in her room and take her. Freaky stuff, but I'm still buying the movie!!

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 12:09:56 AM PST
BS says:
ROFLOL the title ROCKS!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2010 12:26:23 AM PST
what is ROFLOL?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2010 4:38:31 AM PST
Nightmare says:
ROFLOL--Rolling on the floor laughing out loud.

Personally, I didn't find this movie scary in the slightest except for one particular "archival footage" scene involving the guy laying in bed. Even that didn't phase me much though. It was a decent mystery/suspense movie, but I won't be buying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2010 6:18:51 AM PST
H.F. says:
Hi Nightmare --
I guess to each their own scary right? That scene with the guy on the bed was one of the things that definitely creeped me out, even more so when they moved on to hypnotizing the main character. I'd say I started off slightly uncomfortable with the talk of the owl, and then got totally freaked by the end when the cop was outside. But I am particuarly sensitive to alien type scary movies, probably because I'm not entirely sure they don't exist.

But with that being said, I agree, I wouldn't buy it either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2010 11:15:34 AM PST
Oh, i like this movie, so its a must buy for me.

Posted on Feb 21, 2010 12:39:59 PM PST
Noelle says:
I would suggest Netflix. Don't waste you're money on buying movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2010 11:55:08 PM PST
noooo! Netflix is good to rent, but if the movie is good then i'm gonna buy it. :)

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 1:45:03 AM PDT
A Customer says:
i agree
dont normally like this stye of horror
but 4 once i had a roller caster of thriils.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2010 7:32:39 PM PDT
I have to weigh in to say that Netflix is great for checking out everything under the sun, but when I really enjoyed a movie, and know I'll be watching it a few times, I love to add it to my library. Saw this in the theatre; now it is going on my shelves.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›