4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Purple Glittery :), December 6, 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog LeapPad1 Gel Skin, Purple (Works only with LeapPad1) (Toy)
I was able to snag one from leapfrog.com when they first released the purple glitter one for my daughters new leappad....I should add I also got it for the retail price of ten dollars. Honestly, I would not pay a dime over that. It looks like it will protect if dropped, we haven't found out yet since she isn't getting it until Christmas ;)
I can say, a good thing about the gel skin is if you get a leappad in a color you didn't want, getting the skin will basically change the color, as it completely covers up the entire color on the toy already. And it is NOT pink (the girls one) it is 100% purple w/glitter. It fits in the leappad case and zips just fine with the skin on it incase you are wondering. Don't give into these hijacked prices, wait until January when more are released for retail and save yourself the money.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2011 9:21:58 PM PST
S. Escalera says:
I totally agree with you regarding these hijacked prices. I wasn't able to get on while they where instock on Leapfrog.com, but that's ok. I can wait til January because I also refuse to pay $40 on Amazon not to mention $99-154 that I saw on Ebay...rediculous!!!!!!!!!!. I will wait 'til they are back in stock and pay my $10.00 retail price.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 4:29:25 AM PST
SmartMomma says:
Wise decision! I saw a green one go on ebay 2 days ago for $150...come on! I cannot believe someone was willing to pay that for a $10 accessory. I believe Leapfrog said (on their FB wall) they will someday be available in retail stores as well so you won't have to pay the $6 shipping cost.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 8:01:30 AM PST
Thank you so much for your review! I found the green leappad but I know my daughter will want the pink one. I saw this and thought it would do just as you say - change the color. After I saw this on leap frog I tried to find it and saw the outrageous prices on ebay. So, I decided to either wait until leapfrog gets them back or try to find the pink leappad. But, I see no reason to kill myself trying to find it after your review. Again, thanks so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 9:20:42 AM PST
SmartMomma says:
Happy to help ;) Leapfrog states they will be back in stock on their website leapfrog.com in January..you can go to their site now and click on the gel skin...and it has a "notify me when back in stock" button, do that and enter your email and that ishow I ended up getting mine the last shipment they got. It cost $6 to ship, so you are better off ordering a few things, unless you do'nt mind paying that.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 6:57:00 AM PST
Hi Kim,
I had another question - would you be able to see the green through the purple cover? It looks a little transparent.
Thanks so much for all of your help!
Michel

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 7:35:16 AM PST
SmartMomma says:
I can't say for 100% b/c I put mine on a leappad that is already purple..but it is thicker than i expected and dark purple and glittery...I would guess it won't 100% cover it up, but it will prob make it look different...if that makes any sense! I wish I could be more help...I still think its a great option for those who wanted 1 color and could only find the other.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 9:25:30 AM PST
Thanks for your response! I know it is silly (at least others say it is) but I am bothered when my daughter asks Santa for the pink one and she will get the green one. I know I should be happy I just got one but I know she will be disappointed. I think the cover will help though. I just wish it would be available before January. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 10:30:46 AM PST
SmartMomma says:
I know how you feel, but I think she will be so happy to play with it, with all the cool stuff she will be able to do she will forget abou tthe color and then when you are able to buy the skin she will prob love it! Merry Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 4:58:26 AM PST
SmartMomma says:
WALMART.COM right now!!!! Avail. for $9.99 and $.97 shipping to home! That is less than I paid diretly from leapfrog ;) hurry, i don't think they will last long! I don't see any green avail, just the purple!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 3:58:47 PM PST
O. Robinson says:
We just purchased the purple gel cover for ten bucks at a local store and put it on a green leappad and no the color does not show through. The only place you can see the green is around the openings like for the USB cord, headphones, etc. We love it! It is super cute and we can pass the leappad down to our son since the leappad itself is green.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›