5.0 out of 5 stars Update after 3 years(Feb 15, 2011) It has literally changed my life -- no joke!, December 27, 2007
This review is from: Threelac Probiotic Dietary Supplement, Natural Lemon Flavor, Includes 60 .053-Ounce Packets (Health and Beauty)
I've been taking Threelac for one month now at 2 pack per day. I had recently been diagonosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. The pain and fatigue was so severe, that I could not function normally, (and I have young kids at home)and 85% of each day was spent in the bed (By the way, I'm only 31) I would do what was necessary for my kids and the rest of the days I spent in the bed. I wasn't satisfied with the diagnoses of fibromyalgia or CFS, so I started HUNTING down research on what's really wrong with me. That's when I discovered it was candida and miserably failed the saliva test plus all the online assessments. I realized my candida got out of control because I had been on at least 9 courses of antibiotics for recurrent upper respitory infection and ear infection over an 18 month period plus had major surgery where they pumped me full of antibiotics as a precautionary measure.
After one week on Threelac, I no longer had days where I spent in the bed. Now, one month later, I am feeling so great, my energy is up, no more pain. I'm even getting ready to start my own business that I had been delayig because I just couldn't function. One supplier mentioned that you will plateau in your symptom relief. I feel I have reached my plateau point so I will increase my dosage to 3 pack per day for one more month then go down to the one pack per day. To replace the friendly bacteria, I'm also taking Pearl Acidophilus by Enzymatic Therapy. (Which by way contains the 2 strains of bacteria that was added to make Fivelac.)

UPDATE FEB 15, 2011 -- I felt it was important to give an update on my condition since this original review. For that first year, I took the Threelac daily, and progressively I got better and bettter and better. Hallelujah, it felt like life again! I also learned to pay attention to how my body reacts to what I eat. I found that anything high in sugar, be it all natural fruit juice or donuts all made my candida worse and made my symptons return -- foggy thinking, pain in my joints, unbearable tiredness, etc. Which makes sense as I also learned that sugar is the food of candida. During year 2, I was able to go down to maintenance doses, so I probably used about 2 or 3 boxes total that year. By year 3, I wasn't taking Threelac at all. And now here it is past the three year mark and I'm ordering one box of THreelac because I have REALLY been overdoing it on the sugar and junk for the last six months, and it's finally caught up with me. So I'll be taking about 2 packs a day until I feel back to 100%.

I just want to say to any who have tried it and it didn't work for you is that maybe something else will, and I hope you find your solution because this candida crap is no joke. It's literally debilitating. And for all those who are finding success with it, I'm am thrilled for you beccause I know how it feels to finally find something that works.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2010 6:12:07 PM PDT
R. Lussier says:
I'm glad Three-lac helped. I've been using it off and on for a few years now. I think I'll try upping my dose.
Noting in your review that you were on quite a few antibiotics I suspect you may be suffering from fluoroquinolone toxicity (Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, +more). Check your medical records and see what kind of antibiotics you've had.
Fluoroquinolones damage tendons, cartilage, central nervous system, and more, especially when taken multiple times and/or for long periods of time. (So make sure you never take any Fq's again, it's a cumulative effect).
Some people's lives have been completely ruined by these reactions, and I suspect they are far higher than the 1% that the manufacturers claim.

Posted on May 7, 2011 10:44:20 AM PDT
Can anyone tell me if there is any dairy, gluten, grapes or soy in this before I spend any money on it?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2011 8:08:59 PM PDT
Vianne says:
It doesn't appear to. On the product's page - below the weight info but above the reviews - is a link to 'nutritional information'. Click it and it will open up the ingredient window. I took this years ago and am going to try it again.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2011 8:09:38 PM PDT
Vianne says:
I forgot to post that I am also gluten and soy free...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2011 11:46:16 AM PDT
Thanks for this info. I can't remember the antibiotic names I was on, but they were for repeated respiratory infections and then I was on a antibiotic trip as a "precautionary" measure when I had a c-section. I'll def look more into this.

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 9:58:38 AM PDT
Chef Kris says:
Thank you for this review. It has helped me as i spend most days in bed too. A word of advice for you too. You must also deal with why you attracted the candida in the first place. You must heal the emotional and spiritual aspects of the disease to truely eliminate it. Taking pills is only one dimensional. I suggest combining this pill with energy medicine techniques and tapping or nlp. I hope you are better now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 6:46:09 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2012 6:47:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:18:48 AM PST
C.Blossom says:
just wondering how many packets you took that first year per day? thanks

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:11:27 PM PST
robin says:
It has worked for me too!

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 9:06:57 PM PDT
Thanks for your post. Been dealing with chronic fatigue since 1997. In 2007 got terrible yeast infection. From 2010 to now (2013) I have been bedridden & unable to work or function which is not like me at all. I'm going to do the Three Lac. I want my life back.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›