5.0 out of 5 stars Ver solid , good film ., September 29, 2002
This review is from: White Nights [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Don't tell me , that this is for dancing funs only ! I use to be professional break dancer , enjoied the exellent " dance " parts in the film ... but I watched it for the story , not the intertainment !
Michail Barishnikov's character is a " deserter " from Russia . He is on the flight to Europe and after big mechanical problems during the flight , the plane had to land in USSR . He is in panic ... and later we understand , why ! KGB wanted to make example out of him , so others will not follow ...
Put on top of it exellent scenaries of Leningrad , 3rd most beatifull city in Europe ... I was lucky to be born there , and I lived there too , for most of my life .
And it is not only about the plot in this movie - to set yourself free ... from russian KGB , from the past... If you don't speak Russian , you don't know the meaning of the song by Vladimir Visotskiy ... Let me go my horses ... Let me go ... set me free ..! The song , which became a grave monument for one of the greatest ,honest russian singers and actors ... he never surrended . But he still alive in his work... in our harts .

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 22, 2009 12:43:27 PM PST
Serai says:
This review was so horribly mangled I couldn't make sense of anything said.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 1:02:34 PM PST
Yep.. mangled is the word........ break-dancing one min and then he say kgb use him as example. If they used him as example, why did they give him the lap of luxury life-style in the movie and 2nd chance to return to ballet !!???? Just take a breath and relax and proof your reviews.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 11:45:01 AM PDT
Hi Vlad, I don't know what the other two people who commented read in your review, it was useful to me and actually, I would say, I can sympathize with what you wrote. I think one has to be at least from Europe to understand your description, if not from the Soviet Union. An American who has never left their life here, cannot possibly begin to understand what it was like to be in the USSR. I shall watch this movie! thanks for posting your review!

Posted on Sep 6, 2014 5:49:56 PM PDT
Heidi M says:
I loved this review, Vlad. Thank you for taking the time to post, and I'm very glad to read what you think of it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (190 customer reviews)

$9.95 $4.88