1.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones until you need technical support or an RMA, January 28, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 Ear Force PX21 Gaming Headset (Video Game)
I bought these headphones because I was sick of using a cheap blue-tooth devices and wanted a set of nice headphones. After doing much research (obviously not enough), I came across these headphones sold at a local retailer for eighty dollars. They seemingly had all the features I was looking for and purchased them in hopes of many hours of enjoyment. Little did I know how few hours of life the headphones had in them.

At first they worked exactly as advertised. I mainly used them for my PS3, but also hooked them to my 360 occasionally. I used them overall about a half-dozen times as I'm a very infrequent online gamer with select friends. I used them without incident for a couple of months and then set them aside, not using them at all for a few months.

The other day I hooked them back up in hopes of playing with some friends online. The very first thing I noticed was that the left speaker was crackling in & out. I thought it was a loose connection and diligently checked all connections to the console to make sure it wasn't just an operator error, which it was not. A few minutes later, I noticed that I had absolutely no sound from the left side at all and remained in this awful state since! The headphones went from working perfectly a couple of months ago to now not working properly without any use at all.

So I went to the Turtle Beach website in hopes that my replacement due to a manufacturer defect would be handled quickly and promptly, boy was I wrong!

The first thing I noticed was there was NO phone support whatsoever for Turtle Beach and I was at the mercy of only emailing support. I jumped through all their hoops, scanning my original receipt, which I luckily kept and emailing them my address and phone number (how ironic they wanted my phone number, yet had no phone lines). The very next thing I noticed was that my email took a VERY long time to receive an answer from support.

My situation finally was escalated to the RMA department.

As a side note, I should also mention that all of the emails that I mailed contained personalized questions about my situation and were only answered with very impersonal robotic responses. The agents handling my emails did not ONCE address my actual questions. They just kept pushing me along the escalation ladder.

One of the questions that I posed in my email had to do with the fact that I did not see why I had to pay for shipping on a device that was clearly still under the year warranty. It had been less than six months, well under their limited one-year warranty, and since the headphones had become unusable not due to any misuse or mishandling on part of the owner I believe the fault lies with the initial production at the factory.

I still have not received a response from the RMA department to my query and that was about two weeks ago.

I find it completely ridiculous that Turtle Beach expects me to pay for shipping the headphones back to their RMA department when the fault with the product clearly lies with the company. They issued a defective product and now will not stand behind their product to the extent of gaining back customer satisfaction.

I am writing this review in hopes that readers understand what they are getting into when choosing to purchase a product from this company and in hopes of making Turtle Beach change their policies with how they handle customer issues.

A professional company stands wholly behind their products with phone support lines, expedient responses and resolutions, and waiving return shipping fees due to faulty craftsmanship. These above components spell ultimate customer satisfaction and because of lack in all areas, I am a very dissatisfied customer with this company.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2011 9:23:39 AM PST
Latest update..still haven't heard from the RMA department concerning reimbursing me for the shipping fees. As far as I'm concerned, they are trying to ignore in hopes that I will just pay the shipping fee. Boycott this company! Make them change their unprofessional business practices.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2011 9:29:30 AM PST
Renz18 says:
Every return I did online involved a shipping fee. Theres no way around it. I bought a px21 from best buy and first thing i noticed was a buzzing sound. I returned that one and they exchanged me with another one. Well the new pair that i got didnt have sound coming from the left ear...so i got a full refund. I think im done with turtle beach.

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 8:21:15 AM PST
As of 2/25/11, the RMA department still has not responded to my email. The fact that a company like this that cares so very little about its customers still is in business amazes me. Again, do not support Turtle Beach, they are a disreputable company who want one thing, your money. Once they have it, they do NOT care.

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 11:03:43 AM PDT
Latest update, the RMA department still has not responded to my previous email. It's amazing to me that a company that cares so little about its customer base still stays in business. I will never, ever buy anything from this company again and if you are smart, you'll steer clear as well.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 9:45:13 AM PDT
nevaskerd says:
Everything you say is true and I experienced the exact same thing...right down to the lack of phone support...the emails back and forth were so generic on their part, I just gave up and sent the headphones back to Amazon. I also gave a negative review for Turtle Beach...I will never purchase their products again and I will tell others my experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 11:19:44 AM PST
Bryan says:
you're ridiculous. shipping and handling fees are always paid by the customer. have you never shopped online before? most companies don't cover shipping and handling even when repairing something for warranty.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 7:48:29 AM PST
Not ridiculous. I always demand a company pay shipping if they have a defective product and I've never had an issue having that demand met.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013 8:38:37 PM PDT
Andy says:
I've reviewed this elsewhere but safe to say Turtle Beach is....men so many negative things to say I don't even know where to start. They should give up advertising their headsets are compatible with pc's. Their behavior isn't just bad. They skirt the edges of legality. A long, long time ago, they made good sound cards. I wonder where the owners of that previous incarnation of Turtle Beach are now? If you want to take your chances with them now, just remember you are buying from a company you cannot trust.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013 8:38:59 PM PDT
Andy says:
I'm done too

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 10:15:10 PM PDT
Elizabeth says:
I bought these too, before I saw this unfortunately, Its a peice of rubbish and only lasted less than 2 months before the same thing happened to me.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›