1.0 out of 5 stars Should be called "Heavenly Cannonballs", October 23, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Heavenly Sword - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Lets get straight to the point here: I absolutely hated this game.

The reason why I called my review Heavenly cannonballs, is because this was the biggest most dissappointing thing for me in the game. I thought there were too many sequences in this game where you had to steer objects with the controller. There is practically as much or more of this horrible gameplay mechanic you have to deal with in the game than there is hacking and slashing, and the game is short enough already!

I am not new when it comes to hack and slash games (they aren't my favorite), but this one was just so completely disappointing. When I got to the last boss, I couldn't take it anymore.. after 11 tries I quit, took the disc out of my ps3, and gave it away to a friend immediately without even beating it. The same friend told me it took him 3 months to beat the final boss on God of War when I complained about the difficulty. Question: How is that even remotely fun? It shouldn't take more than a week to beat a non-rpg single player game in my opinion. Anything beyond that, unless the game is extremely long, is just frustrating and unpleasant. Its like watching a long movie, that takes all the wrong turns when you wish it would take a right one.

I walked out of G.I. Joe because it was a horrible movie. I gave this game away before beating it for the same reason.. HORRIBLE. This game is overrated, and I feel like I completely wasted my time, energy, and money on it. I will not allow this game into my PS3, let alone my home ever again.

Bottomline: There are better games out there for PS3. Skip this one unless you absolutely love Hack & Slash or unlike me, have extreme patience.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2009 5:25:12 PM PST
The last boss can be difficult to beat if you don't know how. Like most bosses in video games. Their is a certain way to beat them. In this one, all you had to do was counter the lighting/fire attacks which cause heavy damage and use combo block breakers. I even beat the last boss in hell mode. You should give the game another chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2009 1:08:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2009 1:08:45 PM PST
Robert T. says:
There are 8-bit NES games I still can't beat. Back in the day, beating a game was considered an act of the divine, not a given.

Posted on Dec 2, 2009 4:35:00 PM PST
Lets get straight to the point here, your review sucked. You should try to at least fake a sense of objectivity when reviewing. I dont like hack and slash games, and yes, the final boss took me many times to beat but unlike you I can still say this is probably a fantastic game. That because I can separate my own opinions and views from the content I am reviewing. I prefer First Person Shooters (almost exclusively), but that doesnt mean I should review other games as if they are FPS games.

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 3:16:43 PM PST
I beat the game in two days on normal, granted I had to look at a walkthrough twice in the game. One of them was for the last boss battle. After I figured out the key, it took 2 trys.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 11:04:53 PM PDT
J. says:
A negative review for a cult-hit PS3 Exclusive on Amazon? You should know better.

Oh, and.. I agree. Overhyped as an early PS3 Exclusive. Scantily Clad Woman + Solid HD graphics does not make a game though. Too short, too easy most of the time, and too reliant arbitrarily unblockable abilities to increase the difficulty level on those occasions when its not. And the segments with Kai were just painful, not because they were hard, but because they lasted far longer than the novelty of the sixaxis shooting mechanic could carry them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 4:31:20 PM PDT
I don't know what's wrong with a negative review, but Jesus man, you're review here was spot on. This game without the motion control, hell, JUST TAKE OUT KAI and it would have not been great but Fing much better. I love the guilty pleasure pretty to look at button mashers as much as the next guy, but this game just couldn't settle down and just be that.

I forgive all this game's failings except Kai, those sequences made me hate the game, and her wacky schtick wouldn't be so bad if her portions weren't so bereft of anything approaching fun.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (297 customer reviews)

$59.99 $38.99