9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
Pelican case vs. the H20 Audio Armband case,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Pelican i1015 Clear case with a black liner For iPhone Water Resistant (Electronics)
In my quest for something to protect my iPhone from water and sand I've tried a few different products. The two most robust are this Pelican case and the Armband case from H20 Audio. The H20 armband is also currently available from Amazon and might be something to consider depending on how you intend to use them.
Although both products are designed to keep your iPhone dry they differ considerably in construction. Each has its merits and I'll run through a few of them.
- Both provide good protection from water. They seal well and the latches are secure.
- The Pelican is far more crush proof. If you plan on throwing your phone in a dry bag with all your gear and taking it on a rafting or kayaking trip it's a solid choice.
- The H20 Armband is constructed primarily of wetsuit material. It offers a measure of padding particularly on the sides and back. However, the front of the phone is covered by a thin sheet of transparent vinyl. Gear rubbing against it could easily damage or tear the vinyl and damage the iPhone.
- The best thing about the H20 armband is you can operate the touch screen while it's in the case. Voice control will only get you so far. If you want to read your email or check sports scores you need more than voice control.
- The Pelican has a little bit of room for additional storage. Though there isn't a great deal of space it's enough to fit in your ear-buds, a key or two, and some cash. The armband has very little extra space.
- The H20 Armband is a very tight squeeze for the iPhone. I always worry about getting the phone in and out of the case without harming it.
- The Pelican case is considerably less expensive. You can get two or three or them for what the armband costs.
It really comes down to your intended applications. Ignoring the price difference if you want something primarily for listening to music and providing excellent storage the Pelican is great. However, if you want a case that will allow you to use all the features of your phone during your activities the H20 Armband is the winner in my opinion.