1.0 out of 5 stars Something seriously wrong here:, September 13, 2010
This review is from: Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk ( 12x14 OZ) (Grocery)
I am a long time daily user of Thai Kitchen organic coconut milk, which is usually excellent. Just got my first case from Amazon, and it doesn't remotely resemble the same product purchased elsewhere. What I just received is very thin and watery, with no flavor, no solids, and no cream at all. Even if refrigerated, entire contents can be easily poured out, no spoon required. If you have used this product before, you understand the difference.

So I don't know if this is counterfeit, or mislabeled, or maybe manufacturer sends the bad batches to Amazon? I wrote very polite email to Thai Kitchen just asking what's up with this, and gave batch #'s and purchase data etc. Unfortunately, I did not receive the courtesy of a reply.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2010 5:12:22 PM PDT
C. Allen says:
Same thing happened to me. It was the first time I tried this brand so I thought it was poor quality, however the next can I opened was completed different. I purchased mine from Whole Foods. I know this information does not solve the problem, but wanted to let you know maybe it was a bad batch.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 11:07:30 AM PDT
This happened to me too! The first one I tried, bought from a small organic wholesaler, was good. The second, bought at Stop and Shop, was watery and tasteless! I am very disappointed in this brand, and will probably try another one from now on.

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 7:33:41 PM PDT
Teela Nei says:
This seems to be happening with all of the brands of coconut milk. If you read the reviews for Roland Organic coconut milk and Native Forest there are similar reviews. It seems if the product was from sri lanka you get the watery, gritty coconut milk and if from Thailand you get the thick rich good stuff. I've been reading reviews to try and find a replacement to my usual brand, Native Forest but there seem to be similar stories of bad coconut milk with all of the different brands. Only solution seems to be to check the label to see where it's from, which of course you can't do on amazon.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 4:37:52 AM PDT
The first case I bought from Amazon was great - thick, wonderful, etc. The next case has been the watery, poor quality kind. I have not tried to write to the company and, am sad to see that this is not isolated because it must point to a bigger problem. I will check the labels to see where they were made but - with Amazon, there is no way to tell. I buy from Amazon because I cannot get this product easily in my area. I won't be buying it by the case anymore though, the watery stuff is gross.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 7:29:55 PM PST
djin says:
I bought a can of this Thai Kitchen coconut milk from Whole Foods and that stuff was nasty. I'd never had Coconut Milk from a can before. I was expecting something thick and white like what is pictured on the can, with a mild coconut taste. Instead it was light gray and didn't taste like what I think of as coconut. Maybe it tasted like old moldy coconut, but whatever it was was terrible and I threw it out. Apparently you can't trust this brand to be consistent.

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 8:30:11 AM PST
9 says:
People with only one review that very negative, is always suspicious, surprised so many "helpful" ratings for this review. I don't buy this product because of the BPA issue but doubt that this particular negative review is "real"...

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 4:25:32 PM PDT
If you ordered coconut milk lite it is naturally more watery than the full coconut milk - even when refrigerated. Fat has been removed
‹ Previous 1 Next ›