5.0 out of 5 stars Addressing a few negative reviews, July 24, 2009
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM8180-03E Eco-Drive Canvas Strap Watch (Watch)
This is my second eco-drive. I broke my fist eco-drive swimming in the ocean. I read a few negative reviews about this watch before I purchased it, but I decided to take a chance anyway. So far I am very happy with this watch.
The following are a few reviews I would like to address:

"my second hand is a few hairs off." - I do not have this issue. My second hand is spot on.

"The mineral crystal appears to be pretty thin. I haven't scratched the glass yet (that's what it sounds like) but I suspect it'll scratch pretty easily." - I have not noticed this. My first eco-dive never had a scratch and I worked construction while wearing it. *edit* One year later this watch has scratches all over it.

"The crown does stick out just a wee bit too far." - I had the same problem with my first citizen watch, and this one is about the same, but it does not really bother me.

"the inside of the sleeve is NOT sewn, but GLUED" - This is true. I have not had a problem yet, but I know how to use a needle and thread if something should go wrong. *edit* One year later and the band is still in pretty good condition. I do have a little wear on the end, but I wear this watch every day, all day.

"Second hand moved in 2-second increments rather than one second movements" - Read your instructions. This happens when the watch is not getting enough sunlight. Set it out in the sun for a few minutes. Problem solved.

"Could not set the day of the week on the day/date calendar." - Again, read the little booklet that comes with the watch; it explains how to change the day/date.

Adding a little bit to the list of complaints--The band on this watch is a little bit uncomfortable. It is rigid and causes a light abrasion on my arm. It is not really an issue, but if you are a bit of a pansy; I would avoid this watch. That being said, this watch is suited more for girlie men because the strap is very small. I have small girlie wrists and this strap fits me perfectly. I would avoid this watch if you have large wrists.

Overall I really like this watch, but it is probably not for everyone.

[Add comment]