5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I picked this TV, June 21, 2011
This review is from: LG Infinia 60PZ950 60-Inch 1080p 600 Hz Active 3D THX Certified Plasma HDTV with TruBlack Filter and Smart TV (2011 Model) (Electronics)
I researched, search and thought hard about what I wanted for our entertainment room so we could enjoy movies, Netflix, Vudu, and of course 3D TV. After researching 3D and the suggested need for a high refresh rate, I narrowed my research to plasma. After that I looked at my old standby Samsung (own a plasma, and a LCD version) and was not impressed with the features or price. I stumbled across this bad boy one day during lunch at work. After doing my research I was sold. I opted for the Amazon order because it is cheaper, and you get 24 months same as cash financing. Between LG's offer of a free Blu-Ray player and two pair of glasses I only had to buy two more pair and am set to watch movies.

It arrived ahead of schedule and was delivered by Pilot. My wife said they were very nice and hauled it downstairs to our entertainment room, un-boxed it and allowed her to plug it in, and they even installed the batteries in the remote so she could try that out as well. They removed all packing material, and when I got home all I had to do was install the base stand and hook it up to U-Verse.

We're in love with it... I'm a technologist by trade in the fields of engineering and IT and am quite picky about electronics. I am also a skeptic by nature and cannot find a thing wrong with the TV. It is absolutely perfect for us. Thin, cool (very little heat generated), low energy consumption and an absolute terrific picture (and sound) out of the box. I had to seriously adjust both the picture quality and sound for both of our Samsungs, and this baby is perfect. The THX mode in both picture and sound is terrific for movies.

Now for 3D - holy cow am I impressed. We watch "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs" last night as our first family movie and as a skeptic wasn't expecting much. I believe it is better than the movie theater because of the better depth-of-field present throughout the entire movie. It makes the picture much richer and more enjoyable. You feel like you're looking at the image as real as if it's really in the room. The LG glasses are light, seem durable and the battery life was just fine. I wear progressive lense eyeglasses and was worried that they would not fit over them and they did just fine. One of my kids reports they could lie down on the couch and still see 3D just fine (I didn't try so I cannot completely confirm that, but this child is 13 and is not prone to exagerate). I tried watching 3D offset from the center of the screen and still saw 3D but it was a little more deminished the further I moved left or right, but still there (I attribute Plasma's wider viewing angle as assisting in that). Four to six people setting on a couch could easily enjoy full 3D with no problem. I was able to recline and still saw 3D as well. There was no ghosting, or ill effects during the entire movie while using 3D.

So... I have no complaints, and wish you absolute enjoyment when you decide to buy the same TV.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2011 3:14:52 PM PDT
cant wait to get mine - also bought as part of the same deal you got. i was curious when you said it was delivered sooner than expected...Mine still shows 1-2 months out (which is kinda crazy), and i was hoping you saw the same thing and wondered how quickly after you placed an order that you got the TV (and if you were originally told 1-2 months like i was). Thanks in advance!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2011 4:17:17 PM PDT
WLW says:
Three weeks after placing the order. I'm guessing they're ordering the TV from their wholesaler once you place the order. I hope you enjoy your TV as much as we enjoy ours!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›