1,878 of 1,921 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, even covers most of my obnoxious neighbors' noise, April 4, 2006
I've had trouble sleeping because of background noise for years. I finally bought this because I live in a duplex and my neighbors are loud and erratic in behavior, arguing and moving furniture around at 3:00 am. I was afraid to even try to sleep at home after several days with little sleep and my roommate made me buy this because I was ready to move out.

This product is great. It makes a very fan-like sound, but with no mechanical or cycling sounds, or rattling. This is just a constant whoosh. It has two speeds and you can change the sound of the whoosh by changing the postition of the vent holes on the device. It has a switch right on the side of it, not on the cord so it's easy to use. It's even padded on the bottom to make sure it doesn't vibrate.

I used the low setting last night and slept through the night for the first time in the month since the crazy animals downstairs moved in.

I've been relying on ceiling fans and box fans for background noise for years, this is much better. It's a fuller sound, it covers more, and it doesn't make me cold.

As many others have said in previous reviews, this is unlike those pre-recorded white noise sounds. This cannot repeat, because it's actually making the sound as you hear it.

I travel for a living and stay in a lot of hotels. I look forward to taking this thing with me and blocking out the sounds of neighbor's TV's and talking and vehicles, etc. . . It's very small and lightweight, and seems durable.

I don't know why I didn't buy this sooner. Shooting my neighbors is the only thing that would help me sleep better, but this is legal so perhaps a better choice.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 13 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 68 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 22, 2008 2:23:07 PM PDT
Skylar says:
Haha, great review! It made me laugh. A lot of us can relate to those "crazy animals" who live downstairs. This is specifically why I am looking for a sound machine, and your review was very helpful in my decision to buy this item. Thank you.

Posted on Jun 23, 2008 7:07:48 PM PDT
I am laughing as a I write this given my experience with the idiot renter next door. I am going to buy one. Great review.

Posted on Jul 29, 2008 8:28:57 PM PDT
PenaltyShot says:
Ha, nice review! I had to laugh at your comments; I too have an idiot downstairs who can best be described as the ultimate couch potato. Every waking hour of this man's home life is spent with the TV on --LOUDLY. The guy must recite lines from "CSI" in his sleep. That is, if he ever does sleep. The TV is on all night. I can only guess that he must fall asleep with it on. Anyway, I think I'll pick up one of these doodads and get some peace. Thanks.

Posted on Oct 20, 2008 4:32:17 PM PDT
J. M. says:
Man that review was so good that I think I will order one. I definitely have some crazy animals next door and the paper thin sheetrock "wall" that divides the apartment does not help at all. I have even called the cops and told them if they dont send some officers telling them to put the music down that what I will do will definitely make the headlines if they dont come. I think it should be like smoking and non-smoking sections....have apartments/houses for people who are normal, considerate of others and quiet......and then have a cave or an abandoned underground train station for all those animals that have no respect and consideration for others.

Posted on Nov 28, 2008 12:04:44 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 22, 2008 11:35:30 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 16, 2008 4:46:03 PM PST
I enjoyed that review. I've had problems with noisy neighbors for years. They seem to think that making noise is a constitutional right, like freedom of speech. I need one of these devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 5:24:34 PM PST
mao_soup says:
ha ha ! smoking and non-smoking.....sigh.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2009 11:21:49 AM PDT
E. Brandt says:
Yes! I agree! My neighbors are driving me crazy. There needs to be apartment buildings specifically zoned for loud people.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2009 9:01:20 AM PDT
Nic says:
How did your purchase work out, did it mask the sound of his TV? I have the same problem too and am hoping so badly that this give me some much needed relief.

Posted on Jun 25, 2009 7:58:03 AM PDT
Krazy Dawg says:
Would this mask sound from neighbors walking (more like stomping like elephants) up the stairs or hearing their gate slam all the time?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›