1.0 out of 5 stars Kirkland AA Batteries Leak, December 26, 2009
This review is from: Kirkland Signature AA 1.5V Alkaline Batteries, 48 pack (Electronics)
For many years I've used Duracell batteries. Earlier this year by wife bought a package of Kirkland AA batteries at Costco. After having used these batteries for about a year, they have destroyed 2 of my Mini Maglite flashlightes because the Kirkland batteries leak. Recently I changed the batteries in my Plantronics headset amplifier and discovered that these batteries also leaked in that devices. I would not recommend buying Kirkland AA batteries if you are using them in a device that you will only use occasionally or for emergency use.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2010 2:48:28 PM PDT
I've used Kirkland batteries of various sizes for 6 years. I've never had one leak on me. In fact the only batteries that have ever leaked on me have been Duracell.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2010 12:31:06 PM PDT
and contrarily, i've also experienced leaking kirkland AA's that have so far destroyed two mini-mag lites, like the original responder.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 11:48:53 AM PDT
Phi H. Ngo says:
I've bought Costco Kirkland AA batteries and have experienced leaky battery. No damange done, only left white residue on the contacts of the electronics. Give it a good cleaning and they work agian. Will not buy agian, too void the mess. Their AAA that I got didn't seem to have the leaky problem.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:33:36 PM PDT
I was surprised to find that I have leaky Kirkland AA batteries as well. Mine is in a walkie talkie. The interesting thing is that the other walkie in the matching set had Duracell batteries and was fine. My Kirkland batteries were dated for use by 2014, so there is a definitely a problem. They don't even last the rated time period. I won't be buying them again.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 2:07:10 PM PDT
I believe the vast majority of those who continue to use Kirkland alkaline batteries do so because we know them to be reliable and of excellent quality. This reviewer is giving you HIS experience which may or may not be true. For those who want a better overall picture of how they compare with others try elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 2:25:53 PM PDT
You'd be AMAZED if you knew who made Kirkland batteries; it's a well know company and Kirkland is the only company they let distribute under their name. I'm sure you will discover with research, but I can't tell.

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 1:48:19 PM PDT
M. Eve says:
My headlamp was just destroyed by 4 AAA Kirkland batteries that leaked. I'll take it to Costco and see if they will replace the headlamp. I've used many Kirkland batteries without problem. I've also had Duracell and Energizer batteries leak so I don't think any brand is completely safe.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

1.7 out of 5 stars (64 customer reviews)

$29.99 $23.54