5.0 out of 5 stars Great Litte Device, October 29, 2012
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 2GB Slate (4th Generation) NEWEST MODEL (Electronics)
I listen to music a lot through out the day (in my car, work, school, gym) and didn't like using my phone for music because it killed my battery. I also didn't want to spend too much for something for music (seeing that my phone could do this.), so I purchased this.

I have to admit, I was extremely pleased with this.

Positive.

-Battery seems better than previous models of shuffles Ive owned before (Just my opinion, nothing really to back this up). I use it constantly, and have never had any problem with the battery life.

-Size is GREAT. I purchased the Product RED edition through the Apple Store (color is beautiful). Keep in mind, this little guy is TINY. So I would recommend you buy a bright colored one to help locate it. The clip is also firm and will not easily get loose.

-Works great running through an auxiliary input in my car.

-Memory seems acceptable. 2 gigs isn't much, but not too stingy.

-Built seems sturdy. Ive dropped this an embarrassing amount of times and have had absolutely nothing happen to it.

-I must say, I am not too sure whether this model is different from the previous one. I know they added some colors to the selection, but as far as the device itself, I am not too sure whether something changed. With this said, this did not come with the new EarPods all new iPods come with but did included the regular Apple headphones and charging cable. While I was a bit disappointed, it was not a major issue.

*- My personal favorite: Again, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this device (as well as previous models too), but I am not sure if the past shuffles had the ability to support podcast. I listen to my list of podcast weekly, and was extremely happy to see support for this. Its amazing, I'm able to change playlists, switch to podcast, find out the amount of battery remaining, and listen to the name of the song, artist and album I am listening to, all with a single little button.

Negative.
-The one complaint I have is the size of the charging cable. I have had this problem with previous models. The cable is maybe 2 inches long. This hasn't been much of a problem because I charge it into my keyboard Usb port. However, I can see how this might be a problem for some people.

Over all, I was extremely pleased with this. If you need something cheap,small, and lightweight that you don't have to be as careful with as compared to your phone, this is definitely for you.

If you want something with a screen, to hold a lot of songs, and maybe a bit bigger, this is NOT for you.

For my needs, this was perfect.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 7:43:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2013 3:27:00 PM PDT
Woody says:
I love the little 2" plug, I got something like this, I hang it from the wall socket.. "eForCity 2 PORT HOME WALL AC OUTLET USB CHARGER ADAPTER PLUG" sold on Amazon I think the charge is stronger in the wall but I too do not know how true this is just an opinion. I use to for all my usb port to wall charges... I now have two of these little units, they both outlasted my other 2 MP3's that cost me a fortune and these truly work better.

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 2:31:35 PM PDT
J. A. Murphy says:
Question....does this thing work on a I Home ? (I like to listen to my I Pod in my home too !!)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2014 7:11:30 PM PDT
The only sound out comes through an ear plug outlet. So you can connect to the i-home systems that allow an auxiliary input, because that is the correct connection. But you would also have to buy the connector, which should be the same connector that would plug this unit's output into your car auxiliary input.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›