69 of 77 people found the following review helpful
" Incredible Picture, Stunning 3D ",
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz Dual Core LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model) (Electronics)
* Incredible Picture very near the quality of the high end Samsung's. Whites, Blacks,Colors are all exceptional.
* Stunning, Amazing 3D - I can't even put into words how good this TV is at 3D, Other than its 100x better than I could of expected. Even when the source is 2D it does a decent job, of course this completely depends on the source. Now when the source is actually 3D, BluRay's or PS3 games, it's down right mind blowing how good and cool it is.
* Beautiful Stand, if you don't hang it on the wall the stand doesn't disappoint.
* Magic Remote, 1st impression was "This is not going to cut it." Pleased to say my 1st impression was wrong. It is super easy to use and very quick at navigating.
* Built in Apps - Netfix, Hulu this is becoming typical in most tv's,dvd/blu ray players,dvr's etc. Wont go into great detail, but its nice to have it directly in the TV and it works great , no complaints.
Cons: App store - At the moment is pretty pathetic, nothing there worth downloading. Hopefully this is something that LG improves over the next few months. I must add, the extremely popular apps are already on the TV such as Netfix,Hulu,Amazon Video,Facebook,Twitter,Pandora,Youtube,MLB.TV,Vudu,MoG,Google Maps,Picasa.
Overall I am going to rate this 4* but, really I'd rate it 4.5.
Loosing .5 stars for the app store.
Picture quality would be 4.75 stars.
3D would be 5 stars. (Actually 6!)
Extremely happy with my purchase would not trade it for any other TV in it's price range.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2013 3:16:27 AM PDT
Cynthia Horvath says:
you cannot connect the rca cables to a sound bar you have to use the opt. cable for this feature. the rca cable just dont work. my sound bar only has opt. and rca input and out puts. if you connect to the opt you cant hear it in dolby stero. i have an adio source sound bar. when i called tech support this guy told me to get a gender cable 3.5 one. and connect it to the ear phone jack. so far i dont even see this in the back though so need to call again and find out where it would be. would be great if i could hear it in dolby stero and emtion 3d.
Posted on Jan 29, 2015 7:40:33 AM PST
Chen Xulian says:
That was a pretty great review. I bought the same samsung tv to replace my previous 10-year old junk but I couldn't stand the cables just hanging around behind the TV. Just not used to them, I guess. I saw this brand called FlexiMounts and they had a ""cable management mount"" for a pretty reasonable price that worked perfectly. It's a must buy if you're as OCD as I am. Hope this helps!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›