5.0 out of 5 stars owner, March 20, 2011
This review is from: LG Infinia 55LW5600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Four Pairs of 3D Glasses (2011 Model) (Electronics)
I have to say I was really impressed by this set when i first saw it being demoed. I love 3d but have never wanted to own a set because the active shutter 3d makes me dizzy and sick after about 10 minutes of watching it. The passive 3d offered by this system is great. No sickness, little to no eye strain and a great 3d image. People have complained that the way the 3d is created halves the resolution, this is not noticeable at all with 3d blu-ray. I did notice lining in the image when i was very close to the tv, closer than I would want to sit comfortably. One complaint I have, though it is a small one, is that 3d gaming is noticeably lower in resolution. I have only tried this with one game(killzone 3) and only with this 3d format so cant really compare weither the other 3d format(active shutter) offered would be better for gaming. Still an amazing gaming experience regardless.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 21, 2011 6:08:02 PM PDT
How is the 2D picture for you. The SmartTV comes with a web browser. How do you enter search data or websites? Is there a keyboard on the remote?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 3:04:00 PM PDT
J. AGUILAR says:
I am yet to receive this tv . but I must point out that most high def games only output 720p so it would be noticeable if that is displayed only half with 3d. hope developers up that to standard 1080. cant wait to try out though.

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 5:20:49 PM PDT
nick says:
The 2d looks great and set has 2 remotes, one is a normal remote and the other acts like a wii remote and you can use it like a mouse.

Posted on May 22, 2011 8:19:28 PM PDT
Shaakes says:
Concur with Aguilar. The difference in the gaming is that is only displayed in 720p. That's the game, not the tv. Disappointing, but I'm sure they'll get up to speed. Have you tried any 2d-3d gaming upconversion?

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 7:25:54 PM PDT
Say nick, I'm interested in buying this model but I'm going crazy trying to find out if this set can be connected to a computer. Since you own one, I will appreciate your response. You talk about gaming, can you be more specific what gaming set you refer to? Your review is very helpful, thanks for sharing.

Elliot

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2011 7:32:57 PM PDT
Shaakes says:
Hey Elliot,

I checked my tv and there is a "RGB IN (PC)" port, so I'm assuming that will do the job for you.

I've had the tv for a few months and love it. My only complaint is some slight blooming in the corners at night or in a dark room.

As far as the gaming- I have every system and they all look fantastic. The 3d on the ps3 is great- as is the 1080p. Been playing the new motorstorm (my favorite and in my opinion best looking 3d effects). Some games (killzone 3) have a noticable decline in visuals, but only because they go to 720p in 3d- not the fault of the tv. feel free to post back with any other questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 7:49:34 AM PDT
Palamnaeus says:
Yes, I already connected my laptop with a RGB cable and the resolution is something amazing. i have the lv5500 model, but from what i can tell they're almost identical.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 2:23:07 AM PST
I know this is an old review, but the reason games in 3D take the visual hit is because the processing power required to create "two" camera angles necessary for 3D. (The same downshift in visual quality occurs when playing "split screen" with someone else on the same system on the same television.) A game like WIPEOUT HD that normally plays in 1080p has to downgrade the resolution to 720p in addition to skipping some frames. (I believe that game plays in 2D at 60fps and 30fps when in 3D.) It wouldn't matter if you were utilizing the LG or a top-of-the-line SONY. The issue is with the hardware of the PS3--it is a sweet machine, but doesn't have the power to crunch that much information. The next generation will look better, but the 2D visuals will still look better because they're constantly going to be striving for the best possible graphics for the widest possible audience. And most people won't have 3D in their house for a while. Though I hear UNCHARTED 3 manages to pull off 3D without sacrificing too much in terms of shading, resolution, or frame rate. (Or you won't notice because it looks so awesome.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 9:09:15 PM PST
Shaakes,

Thanks for the info. I just read your post 4 months later. Funny I was not notified by email. I still haven´t bought the tv. What I did was buy the LG2342P 3d monitor for $295.00 just to have a taste and the 3d looks great. They have come a long way with this technology. Seven years ago I bought the i-glasses head mount display that cost me $1,200.00 and it was so heavy, cumbersome and running at 800x600 resolution that if I used 10 times was a lot. What a waste of money. These new passive glasses are great compared to it. I can imagine watching 3d on a 55" screen compared to the 23" LG monitor.

I appreciate your comment on your PS3 console. I'm a computer user since I can get more performance and visuals in my opinion. My son in law has a Playstation conslole but I don't know how to hook it up and how to use the Tri Def software with it. Since you mentioned you have every system can you walk me through it? Thanks again for your help.

Elliot