5.0 out of 5 stars Found a keeper, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 4X Optical Zoom (Grey) (OLD MODEL) (Camera)
I normally use a Nikon D50 which takes great photos, Im no professional but really enjoy taking pictures of my toddler. Well he broke my Nikon and I sent to see if it could be fixed but wanted to point and shoot because they come in really handy! I reviewed what felt like a million cameras, I touched them and felt them and shot pictures with them and hated every single one! I hadnt seen this one online (cause there werent any reviews) but I went to Shutterbug and they had it, I tried it out and loved it! I've had it for a few weeks and I use it everyday! Pictures always turn out amazing! Our house kinda has crappy lighting and its a major problem with pictures, this camera takes the best pictures by far! (not super grainy looking like others) I also wanted to camera that shoots video. I dont use it to shoot professional quality video but Im impressed! Alot better then my last point and shoot. Also my video does autofocus on video mode, so the other viewer might have had a faulty one cause mine does great. I wasnt looking to spend $200 but I'd do it again in a heart beat!

Pros:
powers on so quick
Picture quality
Picture speed (amazing)
low light pictures
video!

Cons:
....nada

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2011 6:16:42 AM PDT
mater26 says:
I am looking for a camera to take pictures of my very active toddler too. How is the picture speed between shots when using the flash? I bought the new S9100 coolpix and it was 9 seconds!! I was so disappointed.

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 2:27:25 AM PDT
android says:
@ Sawyern: I think you may have confused what the other reviewer was saying in regards to OPTICAL zoom. I can't verify his claims of no optical (NOT DIGITAL ZOOM - there's a HUGE difference... google it, you'll understand) zoom while using the video function, but if what he says is true - all the zooming done while videoing will cause slight degradation at 1x and MUCH degradation at 16x (note: if you are only able to zoom at 4x, then you actually may be using only optical zoom).

I know that on my old Casio, in order to zoom optically, I must pause the video and then zoom in/out to set the new focal lenght... and then restart 'filming'... just awful (but hey, it's a camera - not a videocam anyway).

Posted on May 22, 2011 7:38:04 AM PDT
Elizabeth N. says:
I just got this camera and it does not autofocus in video mode. There is no optical zoom either, only digital.

"If you change the composition of your shot during shooting, the focus will stay the same, but the brightness and tone will automatically adjust."

Says it right in the manual that this camera doesn't autofocus during movie mode. It does focus right before recording, but not while recording the video. The ELPH 300 has optical zoom and autofocus during movie mode though the autofocus is slow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 7:44:09 PM PDT
Is there a way of turning the autoflash off permanently (for the duration of the shoot)? Does the camera keep trying to turn the auto flash back on? I don't want to use the 'flash' feature. I already have tons of lights.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:22:23 PM PST
natalie says:
Please tell me - how do you make it autofocus while it is filming?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›