2.0 out of 5 stars The cable sent is not the cable shown., October 17, 2009
I ordered this cable because the image shows a real style Apple cable with rounded edges. I have an OtterBox case that requires a rounded edge cable in order to charge it. I received this cable and it is a generic square ended cable, which is completely useless to me. Though it might work it would require I remove the phone from the case every time I wanted to use it, which is not an option.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2010 2:42:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2010 2:42:51 AM PST
Jen Ć says:
I agree. The main image is an Apple cable, and one of the alternate images is the actual product. Very misleading.

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 8:13:35 AM PST
kenneth says:
what do you expect for $2.00

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 3:50:33 PM PST
HECTOR says:
What I would expect is for sellers to actually put up pictures of the real item they are selling! By the way on the ad it read USB cable for iPhone by Apple. Anyone would think this is an apple product. I am glad i read this review and for that I thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2010 3:50:37 PM PST
I expect that the product being shown is the product being sold. If the product had been exactly what was shown - and had then subsequently not worked then I would have said the same thing, "What do I expect for $2.00." But the fact was that the cable shipped to me was not what was shown, and had the actual cable been shown I never would have purchased it. Either way, it has a home now and is being put to use.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2010 1:44:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2010 1:47:26 PM PDT
What I expect is to be able to search Amazon and find the real cable for purchase. All I'm finding are the $2 imitations. I'm willing to spend the money, but where the heck are the real Apple cables?!? Amazon is getting saturated with these shady companies.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2010 9:10:05 PM PDT
When looking for genuine products search for the word OEM, which means original equipment manufacturer. That should help you find some. Personally I've started purchasing my iPhone cables from an external site for $6.99 each. I just bought three actually and they are all original Apple cables and have never caused me any problems (I've purchased from that person before, including Jawbone chargers and cables).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2010 10:03:04 AM PDT
Thank you for the info. I have an Otter case and need the true iPhone cable. This "OEM" helps me a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2010 7:37:19 PM PDT
Harry Samuel says:
What site? I rather buy true Apple items too. Tkanks

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2010 7:58:38 PM PDT
I don't know if I can post that information on here. But if anyone is ever looking for more information about my reviews, they can visit my profile and visit my website link and contact me through there.

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 6:48:42 PM PDT
blacksin73 says:
thanks! i have outter box myself and i was about to buy it but not anymore!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›