64 of 66 people found the following review helpful
Mouse Review + G5 comparison,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
The Logitech G500 is the successor to the G5 laser gaming mouse. It is a well constructed mouse and features all the bells and whistles most high-end mouses will offer. I also own a Logitech G5 and many questions aimed at the G500 are whether or not it is worth upgrading from the G5.
Here are a list some of the differences and improvements that are on the G500:
1) Relocation of the dpi increase/decrease buttons
2) Scroll wheel is now dual-mode with a hyperfast scrolling feature
3) Has an additional button on the side of the mouse
4) Offers a maximum of 5700 dpi
5) Weight cage now supports only 27 grams instead of 36 grams
6) Weight cage no longer has an alignment track
7) Orange lights that indicate the dpi setting is now red
8) The thumb rest groove has been resculpted
9) The G500 has a smooth finish on the mouse shell unlike the G5
10) On-board memory, lets you save profiles so when you go from computer to computer you can plug-and-play.
-Better placement of the dpi increase/decrease buttons. It is now easier to change your dpi while gaming without awkwardly readjusting your hand position
-Smooth finish makes cleaning easier and increases overall comfort
-Hyperfast scrolling feature. Very useful when scrolling down through long documents or websites
-When in click-to-click scrolling mode, the scrolling is a little too sensitive which can be troublesome if you are playing a first-person shooter that uses the scroll wheel to change weapons.
-The three button cluster will vary from person to person. The buttons are placed very well for my hand.
-Some people have commented that the buttons on the side are too small, but they seem to be fine. The G5 side buttons are about 1.9 cm long and the G500 is about 1.8 cm long. The difference is negligible.
If you are looking for a mouse to replace your current mouse for gaming, I would strongly recommend the G500. It offers most of the features you could ever need for gaming. If you own a G5 and are wondering if you should upgrade to the G500, it completely depends if you like the changes listed above. All in all, this is one of the best gaming mouses I've used. I highly recommend this mouse regardless you are going to use it for gaming or just for web browsing you wouldn't be disappointed.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2013 8:01:09 PM PST
Did they fix how the cord was connected to the mouse? My old G5 stopped working due to the cord fraying out where it connected to the mouse. Did they put a rubber guard or anything. Thanks for any response.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›