5.0 out of 5 stars Made me sell my 3rd Gen iPad..., August 18, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (32GB, Deep Grey) (Personal Computers)
I love, love LOVE this tablet! It is blazing fast and buttery smooth (even with Samsung's Touch Wiz UI). This baby features THE BEST multi-tasking that I've experienced on any tablet. The screen is bright and beautiful. Video absolutely pops on this. I do have to admit that written text is sharper on my iPad's retina display screen, but this was by NO MEANS a deal breaker for me because this Note tab is so feature packed that it more than makes up for it and written text basically looks like it did again on my iPad 2, which is nothing to sneeze at. The S-Pen is freakin awesome! Now I can do Draw Something some justice! LOL But seriously, I love being able to create and send personalized notes and edit PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents. I have barely been able to put this thing down since I got it. The included Photoshop Touch application is really cool and you can do some really awesome things to pics.

Also, the fact that I have Adobe Flash on this thing and can experience the entire web from this tablet is a MAJOR plus for me. That was by far one of the most frustrating things about using my (old) iPad. Well that and the closed nature of the iOS environment. I love that I can play around and customize this Note tab to my liking. The snappy 1.4 GHz Quad Core processor and 2 GB of RAM results in ZERO lag when using this tablet. Everything is so incredibly fluid as I swtich between apps, widgets, and the web. And web pages load in a snap! It is REALLY REALLY nice. This thing has already meant death to my 3rd Gen iPad and at this point I can already tell that I will now hardly ever use my PC.

Oh and the fact that you can also use this as a universal remote is freakin sweet. It took me all of 5 minutes to set up all of my devices (TV, Cable Box, A/V Surround System, etc) with Samsung's Peel app. That app gives you a very easy to follow set-up wizard and instantly turned this thing into an entertainment hub!

I just can't say enough about this tablet. I am so glad that it finally came out. And as amazing as this thing is already, Sammy says we should get Jelly Bean very shortly! So an already great tablet will become even better! If you are considering taking the plunge with this thing, go ahead and do it! I think you'll be happy. It seems like the possibilities are almost endless with this device. Did I mention that the S-Pen is crazy awesome?!?!?!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2012 4:35:36 PM PDT
R. Olsen says:
You must work for Samsung ;-) Part of my thinking in intending to get one of these is that I could give my Model T desktop [not really that old, but old enough] some rest from all the 'Webbing' I use it for these days, as well as at long last unchain myself from the desk. It sounds like the Note will fit that bill. You've also helped further relieve me of my "Retina - should I?" wonderings.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 4:52:28 PM PDT
Eddster says:
Ha ha no I DON'T work for Sammy...just your average Joe :-)

But glad I could help. I too feel a sense of freedom now that the chains are gone :-)

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 6:41:45 PM PDT
I too want to use Adobe Flash for the same reasons.

However, I'm hearing that Adobe will no longer support Flash on Android devices: starting with Jelly Bean--please correct me if I'm wrong. This will affect how long I stick with "ICS," or I will avoid upgrading to Jelly Bean on this tablet (if the latter is true).

Having said that, is there a third party app that makes Flash work in Jelly Bean?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 8:47:47 PM PDT
Eddster says:
Yes that's true. Adobe is no longer officially supporting Flash starting with 4.1 Jelly Bean devices. They will still provide security updates for devices running 4.0 ICS and lower, but I'm sure they won't do that forever. For now I'm glad that the Note 10.1 shipped with ICS so I didn't have to go though any hoops to install Flash. That being said there are several ways to install it on a device running JB and I've seen people comment that it works well for them. I also heard a rumor that if you upgrade to JB on a device that was already running Flash, that it would still be there even after the upgrade. I guess we'll see.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 6:42:57 AM PDT
Thank you @Eddster!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 7:06:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 19, 2012 7:09:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 7:06:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 19, 2012 7:09:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:29:59 AM PDT
This is a link to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 interactive User Manual. I bookmarked it to my home page and find it very helpful in helping me learn about my new GN 10.1 tablet. I hope you will to.

This is an Amazon discussion that people are sharing videos and tips and personal experiences about the GN 10.1.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 7:09:43 AM PDT
Pasukun says:
If you value Adobe Flash.. do not, I repeat *DO NOT* upgrade your tablet to Jelly Bean!
Just stay with Ice Cream Sandwich, as it is perfectly functional and up to date Android OS.
Adobe no longer support and develop for mobile version of Flash as of Aug 16th 2012, and Jelly Bean is 100% not supported and never will.
I would recommend that you use ICS for about 2 years or until HTML5 contents become the majority on the web, so not having Flash will not hinder your experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 8:47:34 PM PDT
Eddster says:
I agree, I plan on holding onto ICS because I do value the Flash capability. Hopefully web developers will make significant progress with HTLM5 but we just aren't there yet. We are still living in a Flash world and I use it daily for web browsing so it is certainly NOT dead as some people like to say.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (1,870 customer reviews)
 (1,405)