3.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing and fulfilling, June 25, 2011
This review is from: Beautiful Disaster (Kindle Edition)
This book centers on a new college student with a hope to stay out of trouble. Of course the first thing that happens is that she catches the eye of the school "bad boy".

I enjoyed the dynamics within the first half of the book, even how the sexual tension between Maddox and Abby was sometimes unbearable.

This is not a book about perfect love, and happily ever after. Don't get me wrong, the ending wrapped everything up with a pretty little bow. However, the relationship was so raw and emotional that the rollercoaster that was their relationship became quite stressful. By the end of the book I just wanted them to stop fighting! I believe the ending was a bit hasty, and the epilogue a bit silly.

However, the plot about Abby's past is truly creative and unexpected. I am not used to books about dysfunctional and unhealthy relationships. If you are sick of Twilight harmony and love, this book encapsulates everything human about a relationship. The love, tears, sex and fights. There is a relatively good understanding of reality, with some strands of a life that most of us are unaware of.

If you like lust, illegal college fight nights, poker and of course good sex, I would tell you to take a chance on this one.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 1:31:28 PM PST
I think this book was totally LAME!! ANd I can't believe some people gave this 5 stars. The plot and characters are completely silly and unrealistic. Don't waste your money on this garbage.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 2:39:38 PM PST
I loved your review it says exactly the same thing that I was feeling. Well put about if you wanted a picture perfect book then find a more Twilight type book, where the worst thing is she might have to become a VAMPIRE or the whole VAMPIRE population might show up in town and kill everybody, please. I could see this book being a movie because despite that there are some seriously exaggerated, at times emotion/actions but there is always stuff cut out of movies, too. I liked it, not sure what I expected and it was nothing like I expected but I loved it - great book!

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 4:30:46 PM PST
KSluss says:
I really wanted to leave a review of this book, but everything you said was what I would have said, especially about the end being tied up in a neat bow and the epilogue being silly. In fact, if the book had ended with no epilogue, I would have probably liked it even more. That being said, I'm surprised by how much I still think about this book and these characters . I finished the book in a hurry, then I had to spend several days digesting it, going back and re--reading scenes (and not just the steamy ones). It got under my skin in a very unexpected way.

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 8:20:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 20, 2014 6:08:32 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (4,510 customer reviews)
 (3,033)