5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Recommended, July 19, 2009
This review is from: Undone (Grant County) (Hardcover)
I am not the type to typically write reviews, but this book was so amazing that I decided I had to write something.

I started this book off after reading a new series of books that had nothing to do with mysteries or crime solving, I was taking a break from this type of book for awhile after finding myself growing tired of them. I decided to read this book after a long wait, because I really was curious to what would happen to Sara.

I was worried I couldn't get into the book, because of growing tired of this genre, but I found myself unable to put the book down after I purchased the book and finished it within days of buying it.

I have read all the Grant County and Will Trent books and I have been looking for to this one for a long time after the big surprise at the end of the last Grant County book.

When I first read she was combining the two series, I have to say I was surprised and not exactly excited with the decision. I didn't think the outcome would be lived up to either series on it's own, but I was actually surprised how it turned out and I found myself enjoying the book more than some of the others in the earlier Grant County series.

I thought Karin Slaughter did a great job of mixing the characters together in a believable fashion and I really felt connected to each one of them.

I do agree that Sara didn't get as many pages in the book as I would have liked her to have, but I don't think that made or broke the book. I keep thinking over and over how she could have gotten more pages and with what happened to her at the end of the last book, I really don't see a way she could have.

I feel Will and Faith brought enlightenment to Sara and hopefully that enlightenment will help her get back to her old life and make her a bigger part of the next book.

As for this book though, I thought Karin Slaughter did a good job of mixing the characters together, it's not always about who gets the biggest part in the book but the ones you found yourself loving and wanting to read more about and I found myself connected the most to Sara.

The mystery or crime in the book that needed to be solved was graphic, but not to graphic and had your heart aching for the victims. I don't want to put any spoilers here, but no matter how the victims acted, you still found yourself mourning for them.

As always the bad guy in the book was someone I didn't expect, yet right there in front of your eyes from the beginning.

I would definitely recommend this book if you have read any of the other books, I have to say I was very surprised by the ending once again like I was with the last book in the Grant County series.

I found myself almost unable to finish the book with the big twist at the end. I will admit I almost cried and any book that brings out such emotion in someone deserves 5 stars.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]