5.0 out of 5 stars I know the real Bernie!!, June 1, 2012
This review is from: Bernie (DVD)
This is a great movie! We (people who know Bernie and or lived in Carthage) thought that there was no way that a movie could be made about a murder and be funny....But with the cast and the bizarre "this can't be true" storyline, it blew me away. I am going to see it in Carthage on Sunday with my mom and her sister, my aunt, who is in the movie. If you are a Jack Black fan...then this is a "must see".

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 9, 2012 10:16:11 PM PDT
Kcorn says:
Since you knew him was he every bit as popular and nice as depicted in the film?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 7:33:21 AM PDT
YES. Absolutely. I worked at a flower shop that did tons of business with the funeral home where he worked. I talked to him all the time. I loved him.....everyone did. I was shocked when I heard what he did. I still finding myself saying "pooooooor Bernie"......

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 12:45:27 PM PDT
Kcorn says:
I think that Jack Black is shown talking to the actual Bernie at the end of the movie.

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 2:54:17 PM PDT
I saw this movie so many times in the theater, I lost count. I loved it! Do you mind my asking which character your Aunt played? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 11:39:18 PM PDT
Kcorn says:
I'm curious about that as well. I thought the actual residents were fascinating!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 11:54:30 AM PDT
My aunt had several cameos in the movie. She was one of the "local gossips". Her name is Reba Tarjick and is in the closing credits with photo. She is in several court scenes as well. I have ordered my copy of the movie and can't wait to watch it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 12:08:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2012 12:10:29 PM PDT
Kcorn says:
That is so exciting! If you can't wait it is also available for instant view ALREADY on Amazon. I put that in caps because it seems like the DVD isn't available yet? I'm not sure but it seems that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 1:29:42 PM PDT
Of course! I remember which one she was without even looking her up! She did an amazing job! Please tell her so! She had the reddish hair - and I remember when the credits rolled thinking "Reba - she looks like a Reba!" Loved her!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 1:31:15 PM PDT
The DVD comes out next Tuesday - I cannot wait because I have so many friends that want to see it, so I am having a "Bernie" dinner & movie night!

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 1:56:50 PM PDT
I vaguely remember a Reba - but I've lent my copy to a friend who didn't get to see it in the theater.

When I saw it in there were a group of people that were sitting behind me that were apparently very familiar with Carthage. What I've thought was funny is how everyone has been laughing at about the "escalator in the mall in Longview" line exclaiming that "Hollywood" got it wrong. I've laughed quite a few times because people forget that there is one... in Sears.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›