73 of 81 people found the following review helpful
Fun for the whole family!,
This review is from: Toy Story Mania! - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
If you are looking for a family friendly game that is fun for the adults and safe for the little ones, then this game fits the bill. Also, if you are totally addicted to the game at Walt Disney World or Disneyland then you will also like this game.
There are two main modes to this game, story and free play. Free play CANNOT be utilized until someone has gone through the entire story. With that said, as you complete and area of the story then the corresponding area opens up in free play. The main areas match the boards from the game at the parks with secondary games that seem to be designed to prevent repetitive motion injuries.
- Just like the game at the parks!
- Fun for everyone with clear and easy instructions.
- In free play you can pick and choose which games you wish to play.
- Prizes that you earn are actually extra mini-games!
- 3D function is only in the minigames section, everything can be played in 2D.
- You HAVE to go through the story board to open up the free play.
- Some of the secondary games are kind of childish. But they do give a wrist break.
- The 3D glasses are the cheap red and blue glasses that have been around for 20 years. They suck. With that said you can pretty much figure out what the 3D looks like. But 3D is not mandatory to play the game.
- Majorly addicting!
After playing for several hours tonight, my arm hurts but I can't wait to play some more! Way cool game!
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2009 7:10:15 AM PDT
You do not have to complete the story mode to unlock free play. You do have to play enough games to earn tickets or complete the objectives on the games you play. I quit about halfway through the story mode the first time I played to check out the other features. I was able to unlock a few games using the tickets I had earned so far. Its really not a big deal as most people will jump right into the story mode and I'm not sure why you wouldn't go ahead and complete it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›