5.0 out of 5 stars 80/10/10 Low fat, raw vegan it is!, June 19, 2007
This review is from: The 80/10/10 Diet (Paperback)
I have owned the book since it first came out, having ordered it pre-publication, and have a nice hand-written comment by Dr. Graham in the
front of the book.

The 80/10/10 Diet is based upon living in harmony with Nature's design. As other reviewers have pointed out, Dr. Graham does an excellent job of explaining why that is so. Working (writing?) in combination with Laurie Masters' wonderful editing skills, the book is a true winner!

What may not be obvious from the title or from the other reviews is that this is a diet that works! Works for what? Works to allows the body to rebuild itself, cell by cell. Eating fruits and shoots (or whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic or better...), in combination with the other 31 Fundamental Elements of Health, as outlined on p. 10, is a proven method of building Health.

And I loved the outright, upfront honesty of the statement describing this diet: "This radically different view is unpopular, because it does not generate any revenue. The 80/10/10 approach uses no repeat products, no supplements, no high-priced, elitist 'superfoods'. 80/10/10 uses a simple grocery-store approach to nutrition that brings this program easily into the grasp of everyone." (p.11) Works for me! and it has!

I see this book as an excellent investment in my health, and a grand addition to my health library.

Bob Farrell

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2008 7:05:33 PM PST
Jack Flack says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2009 5:07:17 AM PDT
Farida says:
How would you, the human omnivore, hunt an animal or catch a fish in nature, with your claws and open it with your teeth?

I would like to learn it from you, neither my mom taught me nor I have any natural instincts to do so.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2009 7:46:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2009 7:49:42 PM PDT
How about the sea otter? Uses a rock to open its dinner. Does that mean it's eating food for which it is not biologically adapted? Egyptian vultures use stones to crack open ostrich eggs. Some monkeys and birds insert sticks into holes in trees to extract insects. Of the lowly farming ant who milks aphids for dinner.

Do we use our hands to dig up tubers? Or do we use a stick? Do we wash the potato or carrot or eat it like an animal would, sand and all? But the raccoon is a fastidious creature and washes all its food. The gopher wouldn't bother. Our digging up and eating washed tubers is as "unnatural" as our spearing and eating meat.

Mankind grew its brain on flesh foods and began fashioning tools using this improved intelligence. There was no reason for adapting our bodies for tearing into flesh because we didn't need to. But we did develop a need to run on two feet so we could throw spears, which we're pretty darn good at.

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 6:22:08 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 3, 2012 5:18:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 6:42:33 PM PDT
Sarah says:
@ Joanne, compassion for animal welfare and human health go hand-in-hand. Our bodies can heal when we eat what we are meant to. Although I believe in evolution, I actually think the basic outline of the Garden of Eden story happened. What were they eating? Were Adam and Eve tearing into small animals or chasing bigger animals in order to hurl spears at them? No, they were eating raw, organic fruits and vegetables. A huge hint as to what we should be eating. We can get everything we need from plant-based protein, even B12, though I would recommend taking a B12 sublingual. (Chlorella, Brewer's yeast, and Nutritional Yeast offer vegan B12).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:53:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 2:54:24 PM PST
"Improved intelligence"....what a joke! Look around and see the mess we have made of this planet. Mankind is still a pathetic species intent on war & greed to get what he wants from those weaker than him. Advanced civilizations have been watching us for millennia with disgust at our primitive warring ways. Yeah...flesh foods made our brain larger...but what did we do with that larger brain?....yeah...we invented all sorts of new ways to kill each other and our planet. The future of our species depends on our compassion for all life & love of all living things. But you large brained carnivores may have trouble understanding that.

Posted on Jun 19, 2014 8:14:38 AM PDT
joo4455 says:
Regardless of what we were "meant" to eat, its irresponsible to eat meat and animal products. Even if you dont give a crap about animal welfare, you care about the earth your life takes place on right? We only have ONE earth and because human beings have cravings too strong to say no to, we're destroying it. I feel like after you've been educated about the animal farm industry and still choose to eat meat, you're selfish and immoral. We don't NEED meat anymore for nutritional needs so don't pull that card. There is NO REASON TO EAT ANIMAL PRODUCTS. NONE!
I don't agree with the 80 10 10 diet completely but I do believe that a plant based vegan diet is not only nutrionally sound but its the best choice to make in this day and age.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (299 customer reviews)

$29.95 $24.17