1.0 out of 5 stars Where do they get off, calling this unscented??, March 29, 2010
This review is from: Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash, 24 Ounce,Unscented (Pack of 3) (Health and Beauty)
OK, I am sensitive to fragrances and scents in products. I saw this body wash for sensitive skin, with Unscented on the label. I thought, "Great!" Bought it. Tried it, and wondered why my hands smelled. Read the fine print on the label--it has fragrance in it!! It is not unscented!! This is misleading labeling. I thought I would use it by the kitchen sink as a hand wash rather than a body wash, and it has enough fragrance in it that my cat will not eat her food if I touch it after using this product on my hands.

To all the reviewers who love this...OK, maybe the soap part works for your sensitive skin. But if your skin is sensitive to fragrance, like mine, or you have nasal allergies to fragrances, DO NOT buy this product.

Do I sound upset? I am upset--how can a reputable company call a scented product "unscented" and sleep at night? Why not just say "sensitive skin" and leave it at that? Don't make untrue claims on your label.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2010 2:20:08 PM PDT
Lesley says:
I so totally agree! This stuff is very perfumy. I cannot believe Dove has the nerve to call it unscented. I just bought some and didn't notice the smell till I got it home. Now I have to take it back. Yuck!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2010 9:18:56 PM PST
I know...it's just awful!

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 10:59:07 AM PDT
sue920 says:
Unscented often contains a masking fragrance. You should be sure to purchase products labeled "fragrance-free" only if you are allergic or sensitive to fragrance.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 6:57:52 AM PDT
I must agree with you. I've used Dove for years, and this new version of Sensitive Skin Unscented Body Wash does have a scent to it. I've actually switched to Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash, 12-Ounce (Pack of 2) instead because of it. To me, the Aveeno one doesn't have a big scent (it just smells like oatmeal) and it doesn't bother my skin at all. If I really want zero scent, I do Aveeno Active Naturals Fragrance Free Skin Relief Body Wash, 18-Ounce Bottle (light blue cap)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:01:56 PM PDT