Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Altering Perspectives, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World (Hardcover)
I have always been a fan of Dr Phil's. When I heard him discussing this book I had to have it. When i began to read it I could not put it down, it is full of wisdom and toughen up tips. I have alway been a softer sided personality but recently began to realize that in the world we live in today you have to become tougher in order to succeed. Dr Phil has put a wealth of knowledge into this book and I highly recommend it to everyone who is trying to understand the changes that have taken place in our world over the past few decades. People are not the same, they have become aggressive, self-seeking, self-absorbed and at times rude, crude and malicious. Back in the old days people were softer, more christian-like, caring, compassionate, giving and self-sacrificing. The world is totally different now and I agree with much of what Dr Phil says however I refuse to become like those who are tough and selfish in their ways. I do have a better understanding of how they operate and why they do what they do I am on to their game plans now because of Dr Phil's wisdom and I realize he is a tough Virgo who is set in Virgoan ways and not as soft as other signs of the zodiac so I take his advice and apply it to myself gleaning the nuggets of wisdom within and absorbing them. I do not live a clone of Dr Phil, I do utilize his wisdom though. As most of you know, I write my reviews based on the actual book and its content, I share the words written within so you can have a greater view of what is not shared on the previews. The following information is directly from the book, enjoy!

He says Success is created and I believe it is .

Page XVIII
Cheaters do sometimes win, the early bird doesn't always get the worm, and doing unto others as you wish they would do unto you doesn't always get you what you want, need or deserve. I'm telling you it's not the world I live in and I'm telling you it's not the world you live in. They play to win.

This statement woke me up he is so right on, I have always been taught this valuable lessons from the christian point of view...

Page 6
First, I want to show you how you can protect yourself from getting hurt by the damaged and dangerous people lurking around the corner. Hurt by people who live on the dark side, dispense pain as a matter of course, and never shed a tear or give a second thought to how they victimized you- and may even brag about it.

Page 17
T Takers
E Exploiters
R reckless

Page 18 and 19 are excellent and I cannot share it all,
but he tells about how The baiters believe the "means are justified by the end." "They are totally self-focused and results oriented, and they are willing to do anything , absolutely anything , to achieve their goal, they lack empathy, conscience, and use dirty tricks to achieve their goals. they exploit abuse, lie, cheat, and manipulate."

He talks quite a bit about Baiters and how they often do get caught, he shares how to recognize them and deal with them.

Page 52 and 53
They thrive on drama and crisis.
They are often very angry and arrogant, which shows just below the surface. BAITERS are braggarts, and if you pay attention, they will show you who they are.

Page 68
To predict their behavior, you have to see the world through their eyes and let your mind take a walk on the dark side.

This reminds me of a song and is a thought I will often refer back to.

Page 81, 82 and 83
They are never wrong, never responsible, never accountable, and never willing to step up and own their part in a negative situation. Someone must be to blame, and since it is never them, that leaves you.
They lie , either by misstatement or by omission. When a BAITER lies, however, it is all too often for a very nefarious purpose and designed to mislead someone who , if they knew the truth, would likely behave differently.
BAITERS hide everything with a menagerie of lies that would boggle the rational mind. They live their lives as a masquerade!

Page 91
A lie unchallenged becomes the truth in time.

Page 140
Never, ever put sensitive content, content that can be taken out of context, in writing, especially in an email. Instead, pick up the phone or go in person and have a real conversation.

Wow, this was a real eye opened for me! I have often thought when you write something down it can not be misconstrued because it is a clearly written sequence of thoughts, feelings and ideas. However, upon reflection of his thought here, I know he is correct for I have seen this happen personally. People do not always interpret things as you intend them to, miscommunication, misinformation.

Page 154
Define what you really want, and do not invest in people or situations that couldn't give it to you even if they wanted to.

Page 159
You never want to be predictable. And to be interesting, you have to maintain a certain degree of mystery, because it gives you a degree of mastery. Be discreet.

Page 163
Be in PI mode always.

Page 169
You should strive to surround yourself with a nucleus of people who share your passion, share your vision, and support your pursuit of your goals. It is important to understand that people do NOT bond head to head; they bond heart to heart.

I will leave you with that valuable thought! People who bond with you heart to heart not head to head are those who you want to involve yourself in and be around. They are the ones who want your best, who promote you and desire to see you succeed. They are the ones worthy of investing yourself in and becoming a strong invincible team. I have been challenged, changed and encouraged by the wisdom written in Life Code and will definitely be incorporating much of what I have learned into my everyday actions and interactions with others. Thank you Dr Phil for seeing the need for this information to get out and reach into our hearts and homes to make us better equipped for life as we know it today! Life Code is a valuable tool and instrument for daily success.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 13 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 2:14:05 PM PST
THANK YOU!!!!!
Thank u for your utter kindness in sharing some parts of the book here with the rest of us!
I have so wanted to buy this book, but I cannot---not even at 2o.oo or so dollrs, because I am pregnant and broke right now.
But I've been scowring the net for any---ANY---bits and pieces of LIFE CODE. And now, here I found you and the parts u have shared.
Thank u again and again.
And yes, oh yes, everything that I've read so far is GOSPEL!
I've been recently victimized so horribly, in a "realtionship" and I am still spinning and reeling.
If only I had had this wonderful book 6 months ago.
Bless u.
And PLEASE, if u can post anymore parts of the book, I would deeply appreciate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 3:45:10 AM PST
I to B,
Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. I appreciate you and it gives me incentive to keep putting up genuine reviews sharing the best I know how. i so enjoy the reviews that give details and real facts so that I too can make an informed decision as to what to spend my money on. I am so sorry that your situation is not the best, but do keep in mind it will improve if you take the wisdom you now know and apply it to your life. I send you positive energy and wishes for an emotionally prosperous Christmas and New Year. May 2013 be a liberation and year and freedom for you to experience. I do not have time right now to add to the review because of the holiday obligations pressing on me but be assured you are thought or prayed for and may your guiding angels and spirits surround you with love, joy, hope and peace!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:34:01 AM PST
My Dear Mommaw,
I just read your beautiful reply this morning.
Thank u.
It moved me to tears to read that you are sending me POSITIVE ENERGY and praying for me-----PLEASE keeping doing so, VERY strongly for me and do not stop doing it.
No, this situation is mot the best, but I am strong.
I've been through harder storms and I'm still standing.
In a world full of the most selfish and truly evil people, it's a surprise to know that there is one that has the presence of mind to go on the net and share something that can change the day of another lonely person and encourage her to keep pushing.
Do stay beautiful as u are and, after the hectic holidays, do come back here and share more of Dr. Phil---no amount can ever be too much.
I love that book and look forward to someday buying it used.
Have the most blessed and abundant Christmas, Valentines, and full New Year!!
And pray for my wonderful child and I every day.
Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:59:29 PM PST
Mommaw says:
Oh, how you touch my heart! I wish there was some way I could send you my book, I would do it in a heartbeat. Although I do know from the past if you are watching Dr Phil he will be sharing a lot from his book on the show over the next year and you will get it in small increments. Be strong and always follow your heart! I will remember you and your precious baby in my meditations and send you all the love and positive energy I can. Remember you are never alone and that precious baby is blessed and will be loved so much because you are the Mommy! I sense your wonderful spirit and just know you will succeed because your hear is in the right place. We do have to toughen up in the world because people are so self-absorbed and out to take whatever they want. Become aware and do not allow them to take advantage of you again because you now know so much more than you ever did before.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:54:04 PM PST
Thank u again Mommaw.
I have already(yes, already) wondered how to picture u in my mind.
An older wise woman, a 40ish mother, a young girl, a grandmother, who knows.
But I do know that u impart the wisdom that i do like and in fact love.
I know what u say is so true---I MUST be more careful now that I now so much more than I did before. But people are manipulators--and they are clever enough to see what we need the most and to exploit that for their own EVIL ends.
But I'll say this:
In the end, we are our own worst enemies, because when they seek to ruin us, it can only be with our permission.
So now it's up to me to rescind that permission and yes, to TOUGHEN up.
As Dr, Phil says, so beautifully, The world is NOT as we wish it to be or want it to be or think it should be.
In other words, this world , in reality, is bad and we must face the truth(winners face the truth and choose their battles).
It'll still be hard, but I'll try to take it one day at a time.
I AM a mother now(albeit an older one, but age does not matter) and I must protect my little family---my blessing.
I thank u again and again with all my heart.
Mommaw, whoever u are, wherever u are, whatever your circumstances, whether u need it or not, I send you GOOD dust and the best thoughts and the best wishes---not only for the holidays, but forever.
With love from a stranger, but a greatful one,
B.
BTW:
Feel free to write me ANYtime u wish.
And if you're not gluten-intolerant, PIG out on gingerbread men and enjoy it all(Xmas is almost here and over!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:37:40 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 22, 2012 4:42:28 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:44:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 4:45:43 AM PST
B,
You made me smile and made my day, thank you! I am 56 with several graduated grandbabies and also a 1 and 3 year old grandbabies that I babysit and love with all my heart! They truly are my world. I am in my second marriage to the best man in the world, he was so worth waiting for and together we have overcome those who have been against us knowing we belong together and they are not in our loving circle. We must surround ourselves with those who love us unconditionally and want the best for us as we do them. The difficult decision to walk away has given us much peace and understanding for those who have not grown with us but away from us. We love them from afar and wish them the best but we can not be together because of prejudices and misconstrued motives and intents. I have always been a believer that Love never fails! But it has to exist to never fail, and both parties have to possess it not just one. I have toughened up but still hold tenderly those who mean the world to me because they are trustworthy. Just remember in the days of chaos you and your little one will go through that they are only little for awhile and enjoy each and every second of their innocence because one day they are grown and you look back wondering where time went, many people i knew are already passed on, our time is all we have to spend and we must make each day count! Love you and love your baby and you will both be fine! That bond is precious, cherish it and cherish life! Funny, I allergic to soy, dairy and gluten and learning to live in a totally different way from my previous 55 years, you knew that...amazing! You are precious and loved! Never ever forget that! Hugs, Mommaw

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 2:04:39 PM PST
Wendy T. says:
If you have been victimized in a relationship, I heartily recommend the website LOVEFRAUD.COM. There is a lot of support and information there. I was glad to see that Dr. Phil is addressing this subject, because it is epidemic. You cannot afford to be trusting and open with people these days, unless you know them well. And even then you can be blindsided. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:39:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 6:49:22 AM PST
Hi Wendy,
Yes, thank you for that link.
Actually, all the things that the link (site)tell us are common sense about evil sociopaths, BUT it affirms all that I already knew and renews in me that to BE CAREFUL AND EVEN CONSTANTLY VIGILANT OF THESE GUYS IS NOT "PARANOIA"---IT IS CALLED SURVIVAL.
I , myself, am indigent and about to have a new baby, my blessing.
I had told the guy, upfront, that I was poor and had nothing. So I(mistakenly) thought there was no way he could be using me for anything. Afterall, what did I have that he could benefit from?
But then I learned, THE HARD AND MOST DAMAGING OF WAYS, that a sociopath can AND WILL USE YOU and find use for you, in many different ways.
The sociopath is evil---and we must be aware that evil has NO conscience, NO remorse, no feelings, period. In fact, the sociopath has no concerns in life---except , of course, concerns for his own well-being and benefit.
In fact, in my case, I did suffer financial problems, despite my being poor. For instance, he would take me along to run errands, and then , at lunch time, make a big show of checking his wallet and even stopping by his bank, only for us BOTH to see that "Oh. my, I have no money. Oh, no!"
Then, I. feeling so very ashamed and embarrased for him and feeling just plain ackward, I would offer to pay for lunch---and dinner.
Then, with all the money that he saved for those meals--paid for by indigent me---he would go spend his OWN money(the money that he supposedly had not had a second ago) on his damned grown children. And he never offered to so much as offer to pay me back.
This went on all these past several painful months.(I met him on an online dating site).
But his selfish schemes didn't end there.
He has eaten my food, eneterd my home, used and damaged my computer, nearly gotten my beloved dog killed, told me endless and quite stupid lies, used me in so many different ways, and has done so much worse to me, including making false promises of "saving up so that (he) can get and apartment for us..." and other things that I came to realize would never ever happen.
As you have read , here, I am now so broke, that I cannot even buy a used book of Dr. Phil's that I so want.
By the way, although it's a long shot that any reader here will ever run into this creep, his name is:
Ali Hasan Moussaoui, aka Ali Moussaoui, and he lives in Monterey Park, California.
And he is still on every dating site, including but not limited to, shia.com, match.com, plentyoffish.com, and every other site known to man.
He is such a creep, that he's more than willing to contribute to, pay for, and watch out for the best interests of his grown, degenerate, lazy children, YET HE IS UNWILLING AND MORE UNWILLING TO CONTRIBUTE SO MUCH AS A DIME TO THIS BEAUTIFUL, INNOCENT UNBORN BABY OF HIS---THE VERY BABY THAT , BEFORE HE GOT ME PREGNANT, HE SWORE HE WANTED AND WOULD TAKE CARE OF.

P.S.
Please pardon the misspellings.
It's about 4:00 A.M. here and , as you can guess, I'm a bit bleary-eyed.

BTW,
This reply is also dedicated to my new friend, Mommaw, as well.
Happy New Year to all who are reading this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 5:45:17 PM PST
cuppajoe says:
AWESOME book review. Thank you. I have been looking forward to this book for a few months. When it lowers in price a bit, it's mine!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›