5.0 out of 5 stars My "go to" gift for loved ones who have lost a pet, December 11, 2011
This review is from: I Will See You in Heaven (Hardcover)
I bought this book for myself after we lost two dogs in two years to old age. For 10 years I attended a church (and actually worked there for three years) where the pastor was not an animal person at all and he lost no opportunity to torture me with comments like "Nice dog picture. You know when he dies he's just going to go "poof" and you'll never see him again." Even though I knew better and knew he was wrong it was really wearing me down. I have since left the church because of other things this pastor did. This book comforted me greatly so I give it to everyone from family, friends and acquaintances to people I barely know. They all love it. My sister's 10 year old Weimaraner was just diagnosed with spleen cancer and given 24 hours to 2 months to live. She has no children and this will be a devastating loss so I sent her a copy of the book; I know it will help her. God bless Friar Wentz for writing this beautiful book!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 18, 2012 2:21:01 PM PST
Tara says:
Your former pastor deserves to be out of any pulpit. That was cruel and devastating what he said to you. Consider the source.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 6:02:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2012 6:02:39 PM PST
I AGREE! What a horrible man! Such a cruel person should NOT be called "Pastor" or "Reverand"! Just awful. I'm so sorry you had to endure such torture from a supposed "Man of God"!

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 11:34:01 PM PST
Dawn Irvine says:
God bless YOU girl! That guy is really in the wrong line of work...I've never commented to anyone like this before but just had to tell you that lots of us think that you did the right thing by scooting out of there and I am sure you weren't the only one. And I also believe that your furbabies and your family (xoxo~to your sister) are blessed to have you in their lives.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 1:47:05 PM PDT
BLESS YOU.....

I agree with these other folks. I hope this book is a comfort to your sister. I truly feel for her as she endures the unendurable.

Posted on May 31, 2012 12:49:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 12:50:54 AM PDT
My husband and I have had two sets of dogs. All died either of old age or cancer. I know intellectually that they have souls and someday we will meet again. We stopped boarding them and would take them to "dog friendly" hotels when they were weakened or tired. I count myself blessed that I retired and spent almost two full years with the second set. We rescued the third set and although one of them is a pistol, I look into his eyes and see his unconditional love and trust in me. If others do not understand, that is not my problem. I have no children, my husband is often gone, and they are my confidantes and return the love a hundredfold. That Pastor was deliberately cruel and he should have remorse for his inability to relate to pain and grief. May God have mercy on him. and may goodness and love come your way, perhaps in a little ball of fur, when you are ready. Blessings.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 9:35:36 AM PDT
I do not see how any man of God can do that. That was so wrong. If they cannot love the most innocent creatures that God made how can he love man who is far from without sin?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:42:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 9:48:24 PM PST
A minister or a priest or a rabbi should only be given credit for graduating from school .Such certification just does not say a thing about whether the being KNOWS what LOVE is! Many of them do not. Ego has much to do with why many have been and are religious "leaders". I wish you had told that man something to jolt him off his undeserved pedestal. He is a cruel and heartless being, and probably a sociopath.Bless you; you know what love is. Read the book, The Sociopath Next Door, and you will realize that many "leaders" in high position ARE sociopaths, meaning that they are unable to love anyone, have no ability to feel remorse for anything, and often do cruel things to people for the "thrill" of it. That man is a sick, cruel , loveless monster. Blessings and much more love to you ----

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013 5:46:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2013 5:47:41 PM PDT
V. Cleghorn says:
Your former pastor was a wretched, miserable excuse for a leader of a church flock. My brother-in-law is a pastor and doesn't believe animals have souls either. I think he's wrong. I'm pretty sure he could be a jerk about it, too, if I broached the subject with him, so I just let it go. We'll both find out the truth one of these days.

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 9:47:59 AM PDT
Brenda G, says:
That so-called pastor is a horrible person. You did the right thing in leaving that church.

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 2:51:25 PM PDT
littlesadie says:
No one should be so insensitive to a person's grief, especially a pastor. Maybe he needs to read his Bible that says God made all things for His enjoyment and not a sparrow falls that He isn't aware of it falling. If my God owns the cattle on a thousand hills, then He owns our pets also. He gave them to us because He wanted someone He could trust to take care of them and love them; probably explains why this pastor doesn't have pets. God's people are to be full of love and compassion for the feelings of others. I wonder if this pastor is following the greatest commandment of all.The words of a pastor should build you up, not tear you down. I hope you found a compassionate pastor. And I wish the other one could see these comments.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (176 customer reviews)

$14.99 $13.17