Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't even work in the store, August 24, 2012
This review is from: NightWatcher Motion - tracking Motorized LED Flood Light with Color Camera (Misc.)
They now sell these at Costco for about $160. They had a display but it was unplugged. I plugged it in and it started right up and tracked myself and other people in the aisle about four times. Then it froze. We tried hitting the reset button and it still wouldn't work.

We found that the only way it would start working it again was if you unplugged the display for about 30 seconds and then plugged it back in. Even after doing this it would only work 3-5 times before freezing again.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2012 10:12:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2012 10:14:00 AM PDT
DebBee says:
Yes, I was one of the unsuspecting fools who bought one at Costco about a month ago. I had a bad feeling about it and was going to return it, but I had a dishonest Handy"man" doing repairs around my house and he talked me into letting him install it. It worked fine for a month and after a 1/2 hr power outage, it had to be re-set every night. I tried cutting the power, as suggested by the manufacturer, now the light will not come on at all and the camera it is in a frozen position. I am disabled and my fuse box is located above a brick planter box that I have to climb up on, to access. Not an easy feat for someone with 2 numb feet and titanium rods in my neck, arm and back (kinda the whole reason I wanted a product like this to begin with). So again, I have to waste more money and hire someone else to come and replace it with a regular motion sensor light. What a disgusting waste of money and time. I actually thought that since Costco was offering it, maybe the bugs had been worked out. Now, I'm beginning to think they sell defective junk too.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 4:20:16 PM PDT
Lectroman says:
The product must be setup properly...so just plugging it in at the store would not have done that. Thank goodness you didn't buy one and expect it to work by just wiring it. Some people can be so ridiculous, use the grey matter before replying to websites.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 9:34:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2012 9:36:13 AM PDT
The box and the manual (I checked both) claimed the unit was easy to set up and only needed the same installation as any other outdoor lights. In the manual there is no mention or instructions about set up other than the assembly (how to connect the pieces) and wiring guide. Most ceiling fans I have successfully installed were more complex.

There are various settings on the unit itself but they only control how it works (duration light stays on) and not if it works. Even calls to tech support did not solve the issues most people had with this light.

Please keep in mind that your comments criticizing other people and their willingness to share and help educate others about bad products only shows how ridiculous you are. There are many websites that appreciate the rants of bitter, ridiculous people such as yourself. Most Amazon customers do not.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 8:49:19 AM PDT
Lectroman says:
Oh, sorry, please do explain to us all, how your installation process proceeded. I would love to hear in your own words what was done step by step. Amazon customers do deserve to hear about bad products, I agree. They do not, however, when looking to make a purchase decision, need to hear frustrated people who do not follow directions of installation. I am only trying to allow customers a proper understanding with facts included. Some individuals should understand that it may be necessary to have a qualified electrician to install this product, not simply a DIY'er or Handyperson.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 11:00:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 11:03:48 AM PST
I installed it, followed the set-up instructions, and it is working perfectly. I plan on upgrading the memory card today as 1GB is a little small but so far, no problems. Works just as advertised.NightWatcher Robotic Security Light with Camera-LED (White)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 5:46:34 PM PST
Customer support confirmed that I had done everything correctly and as I was replacing an existing light that had been professionally installed I followed the instructions to mount to existing wiring.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›