4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera for someone wanting a little more than a point and shoot., September 30, 2011
This review is from: Canon PowerShot SX150 IS 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide-Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black) (Camera)
I bought this camera to replace the Canon Powershot SX130 that my daughter took to school with her. The only thing I was initially disappointed in with the purchase was that a memory card did not come with it (note to self; read the fine print! Other than that, I like that this camera gives you options/settings to use for different types of photo opportunities. I have taken some very nice quality photos of pets (horses, dogs, cats) as well as trip photos and am pleased with the clarity of the photos and the fact that, if the settings are right, the photos can be printed in large sizes. I took a photo up close of a feathered tulip; the photo was even more striking when I had it printed in an 11 x 14 size - it won first place in its division at state fair).

I'm not as pleased with the video quality on this camera as I was on a previous Sony point and shoot camera I had. The pro is that you can zoom in and out while videotaping (I couldn't do that on other camera). The con is that the image is not as clear as I would like.

It takes a while to learn all the settings on the camera, especially for a novice like myself; but I like the options and the fact that it is small enough to take anywhere.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2011 2:51:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 20, 2011 2:52:16 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 2:51:59 PM PDT
Wray Mould says:
You should know that digital cameras don't come with memory cards. I did get a tiny starter card with an Olympus camera 9 or 10 years ago, but I haven't seen one since from either Canon or Sony.

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 2:03:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2014 2:03:51 AM PDT
K says:
I am replacing the same exact camera you had because something happened to the flash and I thought I could fix it....well I was wrong lol My question to you (is since you have had the camera I loved)is the image color....on this new one the same as the old one? Thank you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›