4.0 out of 5 stars Great jeans to hide your muffin top =), April 10, 2009
This review is from: Levi's Women's Plus-Size 590 Bootcut Jean (Apparel)
They do have a fuller waist, so I'll start off with that. When they arrived in the mail, I put these on, and was pleasantly surprised at how easily I could breathe. Normally, the routine goes something like this:

1. Purchase jeans
2. Pull jeans on, and wonder how in the world I'll get them to button.
3. Struggle, suck in, and do lunges until I get them buttoned.
4. Have labored breathing from the button being so tight.
5. Wear them for 3 days without washing them, until they FINALLY loosen up enough to breath regularly, and then have to wash thm.
6. Repeat process.

With these, they went on immediately, without being too tight at ALL. They didn't make the dreaded "muffin top", and fit very well. They do run long - I ALWAYS haveto wear a long/tall, as I'm 5'11", but these are long enough. Just barely, and I'm scared to dry them, but they are the perfect length.

The only problem I'm having, is that as the day goes on, they get very loose in the wasit. Normally, that wouldn't sound half bad, but they get so loose, that you constantly have to pull them up. They're on the lower side, as far as the rise goes, so if you don't pull them up, you look like Paris Hilton. Only not, since they're plus size jeans =). It's awkward, too, as I must be in between sizes in these. A size smaller would be too small, but these start falling off a couple hours in to the day.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2010 11:26:30 AM PDT
Sounds like EXACTLY the jeans I'm looking for except for the low rise factor. I wish they'd make a plus size jean which sit at waist level, with a slim leg. I know I'm dreaming...
As to your problem that they get looser at the waist throughout the day...wear a belt (the woven, stretchy kind).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2010 9:15:41 AM PDT
I have found jeans that have a slimmer leg (at the thigh, and a boot cut flair at the ankle, but fit well in the waist area!! The RODEO style jean at Fashion Bug, I normally wear a womens 22, and I wear a 5 with this company's sizing chart. I LOVE the way these jeans fit me!

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 11:02:04 AM PDT
You should check out Silver's then. I've worn them for years (from size 8 to size 18)!!! They fit well through the waist and hips yet they make your legs look slimmer! Great jeans though you do get what you pay for as they normally run about $89 a pair! But they last forever so they are well worth the money! I'm only buying these Levi's because I'm in the process of losing weight so I don't want to spend the money on jeans I won't be able to wear in a month or two! I've always gotten mine from Buckle but recently discovered that Amazon has them too. The only good thing about buying them from Buckle (in store or online) is that they will adjust the hem for free!

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 12:02:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 27, 2013 12:23:16 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:53:51 PM PST
OMG Funny as he//... but you forgot to add fall on floor from exhaustion after finally getting them on AND BUTTONED, at least that's how it goes in my world :).... Loved the review!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (267 customer reviews)

$48.00 $43.00 - $49.99