5.0 out of 5 stars Weight is finally coming off after months of ZERO!!, April 22, 2009
This review is from: Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body! (Hardcover)
FINALLY seeing progress again! Wasn't sure to purchase this book or not but the points seemed to fit my situation to a 'T' so I gave it a shot.
I'm not an organic person and never avoided anything processed before. So this is all a HUGE jump for me.

Let me first sum up my situation: Lost 50 pounds in the last 2 years and still need to drop another 50 pounds. I was eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day and working out EVERYDAY for 45 minutes cardio/weights. I was doing everything right and everything that went in my mouth went in my food journal. There was no cheating and no excuses. According to my calorie intake and calorie burn I should have dropped 2 pounds a week consistantly. And every week when I got on the scale it was up 2 pounds or didn't move! Total frustration and wanted to just SCREAM!

Then I see this new Jillian Michaels MASTER YOUR METABOLISM and the point of the scale not moving no matter how good you ate and how hard you worked out. HEY what did I have to lose!?

So it has been 10 days on her program and sticking to it faithfully and the weight is just pealing away! Down 8 pounds in just 10 days, like my body has finally said "OK... time to let it go". I haven't changed my workouts, they are still constant. I am following her main guidelines for eating and am consuming WAY more in volume of food and the calories I'm keeping at the 1200-1400. I feel soo full, never craving any junk. And I think, no way I'm going to lose weight because I feel soo bloated but in the morning.... the scale shows another drop!

It works for me and I'm not going to go back! 3 months of perfect work and no results VERSUS changing to a healthier eating plan and more food volume with RESULTS! Took about 5 days before the scale and my body agreed to start releasing the pounds.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2009 2:14:46 PM PDT
RandR says:
What a motivating story, thanks for sharing!

Posted on May 2, 2009 8:45:13 AM PDT
lisam5305 says:
Yes I agree with the previous comment, your review is what inspired me to go ahead and buy this book! I sure hope I have the same results!

Posted on May 13, 2009 6:36:13 AM PDT
Phoebe H says:
thank you for this inspiring review. I'm overnighting this now lol. I too have had a stuck scale. Keep us posted on your progress, I wish you all the best.

Posted on May 13, 2009 8:24:13 AM PDT
Book Lover says:
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this. That stuck scale problem is a killer!

Posted on May 29, 2009 2:37:56 AM PDT
Y. Puglisi says:
Congratulations to a healthier and leaner you! Chemicals and processed foods definately do not belong in our bodies. Our bodies cannot process foods properly with the additives and chemicals in the way. I plan on buying Jillian's book to learn her guidelines...Thanks for the testimony!

Posted on Jun 29, 2009 12:11:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 29, 2009 12:14:36 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 29, 2009 12:18:37 PM PDT
stilldancn says:
When she says eat every 4hrs is she referring to the "main" meals and then you must work in an afternoon snack somewhere between them. If seems to be working for you Regina so HELP! I have been bouncing up and down the same 1.5lbs for months--it won't move and I watch what I eat and work out 4 dys a week!

Posted on Jul 1, 2009 9:17:40 AM PDT
Heidi2qss says:
It's been two months since Regina has posted. I'd love to know what the progress is. I just bought this book and read it practically overnight. A lot of what Jillian says hits home with me. My husband and I have been working with her "Master Your Food Math" tables starting on page 196 for the last two days. He's lost 4 lbs and I've lost 1 lbs. I don't feel too hungry and the cravings aren't really there. He says he is a bit hungry at nite. I think he just needs to eat a few more veggies.

Posted on Jul 10, 2009 11:06:56 AM PDT
LDPINWV says:
Regina. Am in the same boat. A 7-month plateau. Lost 52 pounds in a year and a half. Working hard. Eating right. Logging in a food tracker. No loss. This really works? Still working? Possible to sustain?

Posted on Nov 3, 2009 5:54:25 PM PST