5.0 out of 5 stars Shania Twain - The Platinum Collection, December 30, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Shania Twain - The Platinum Collection (DVD)
A year or so ago, feeling low, perusing the DVD store, I saw a face. A sexy half smile with wild hair, a pretty woman in a silver velvet dress, and I smiled. I could not help but posses her. It was that first collection of Shania music and concert videos, a DVD called "Shania Twain - The Platinum Collection." Feeling a bit low tonight, I watched and listened to her, and I smiled once again.
I remember the first music video of Shania I ever saw. It was that sort of silly "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" The image that completely captured my imagination was Shania sashaying in that long low cut wine red dress, clearly nothing beneath the soft cloth but just her, and I remember thinking, "who in the heck is that?" Soon to find out, I bought her very first album, and was forever a fan of her image and sweet country voice. Her first two albums were very country and were sans Mutt. They were not a commercial success - sad to say, but they were very good and very honest - pure.
Anyway, back to the "Platinum Collection." If you are considering a penultimate sampling of Shania, this is the DVD to get. There are a few contrived MTV moments (never her image) but by in large this is an extremely satisfying collection of all Shania, all the time, from her simple rural pretty woman roots, to the rock concert diva, and then to an exotically beautiful female that from many angles of male vision, has no peer. This is an evolution, and I think Mr. Darwin would agree, worth pursuing. YES!
Of the twenty one clips from this DVD the tracks that I took particular notice of were:
1. "What Made You Say That" - A fun little romp - Shania's track one on her first album.
4. "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" - For the memory of that first visage of the lady in red.
5. "Any Man of Mine" - This is Shania at her most adorable. She is not yet beautiful, but she is so very attractive, so pretty and fun.
13. "Don't Be Stupid" - A typical music video of the typical style, yet when Shania starts to strut to that Celtic Irish fiddle beat, and splashes that water all around - oh my I get goose bumps thinking of her all wet. Hot stuff!
15. "Honey, I'm Home" - A truism country two step tune and story - The wife has had a bad day - Look out! But the unique thing about this vignette is that it is, of the several concert pieces on the DVD, the very best. Shania is in all her glory, inciting her audience to new heights of orgasmic worship, and she drinks it all in.
16. "From This Moment On" - You might think me a sentimental fool, but this song mists my eyes every time I listen to it. It is the anthem of unconditional love. In this video, Shania is as beautiful a woman that has ever graced the planet. And it is her feminine perfection that pays homage to this total love. Unforgettable.
But the whole collection is wonderful - sure there are some self-important moments, and some really dumb make no sense imagery, but through it all is Shania's wonderful smile, and her lovely lilting voice. This is great stuff!

[Add comment]