Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars The new KING of the Hill., November 21, 2012
This review is from: Olympus XZ-2 Digital Camera (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I just got an XZ-2 off of eBay couple days ago.
And I can say it outperforms the XZ-1 in everyway. It is a great upgrade from the XZ-2.
I was thinking to buy an evf for it but I'm very happy I don't need to because the articulate display works great in sunlight (you can move it up and down) and has much better resolution than the XZ-1 and it is touch sensitive. Focusing is just so so fast. The built quality is first class it is almost if it was not a point and shoot category more like a Pen camera. The front ring is super useful and works wonders. The photo quality is outstanding in jpeg and have not seen the raw yet. Yes the price is a bit more than a G15 or a P7700 but less than a RX100 but in my experience the XZ-2 is a better camera than all the above.
[...]

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2012 10:24:56 AM PST
W. Andres says:
You say that the XZ-2 is "better than the Sony RX100) and yet every review I have read state just the opposite. Have you owned the RX100 and if so on what basis do you make this statement? The RX100 has a superior sensor and a superior lens. Are you simply trying to justify your purchase (i.e. I made a great purchase... the best purchase) OR can you back up your claims?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 11:29:58 AM PST
F. Meszaros says:
Yes I did own a RX100 but I sold it long time ago. I compered the quality of the photos I made and I liked the ZX-2 better.
By the way what rewievs you referring to? The ZX-2 has a much better lens than the RX100 no question about that. The RX100 might have a bigger sensor but that doesn't meat it makes better photos. The ZX-2 has a perfect sensor processor and lens combination not to mention about its front ring and touch LCD which are way superior than the RX's. You people so hang up on the so called big 1"sensor which is not even 1", that you don't even look at the photos any more. Buy the camera the see it yourself or just shut up if you don't even own it. I gave my opinion on real life experience. You can take it or leave it. Idont work for any of the camera makers. I never asked for you to belive me. You just look at what the specifications are on paper and you think you know everything. That is not the case here. I buy it test it compare it. If you think rx is better buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 3:39:53 PM PST
W. Andres says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 3:51:43 PM PST
F. Meszaros says:
What an ignorant person you are. I'm glad I'm not like you.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:38:39 AM PST
AG says:
He might have a point if you shoot jpeg because Sony's jpeg engine is the weak link in the IQ chain. It tends to smear everything. Olympus is known for high quality jpegs. Would be nice to see a comparison review between the G15, P7700 and XZ-2 along with the RX100.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:19:52 PM PST
AG says:
When I go back and compare the E-PL2 vs. the NEX-5n photos in daylight, the Olympus delivers better overall IQ than the NEX. Only when you get indoors and get to higher ISO performance will the Sony sensor come forward, but is hampered by Sony jpeg processing. Based on your experience here with the G15/P7700/RX100/XZ-2, I may investigate the E-PL5 since it now uses a Sony built sensor and I have MFT lenses. Sony now owns a stake in Olympus and I hope they make jpeg improvements. It is lacking in all their cameras.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:42:01 PM PST
DocMo says:
The funny thing about reading the comment section of an individual's reviews is that there is usually one (or more) self-proclaimed guardian of the competing model. These guardians will undermine the reviewer's opinion (as if one doesn't have a right to their own opinion) and use other tactics to protect the image/status/reverence of their chosen model. My guess is that they bought something expensive and are devoted to justifying their decision so that they don't feel any type of buyer's remorse. The reality is that technology changes, and your favorite model will, most assuredly, at some point, become obsolete.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:49:05 AM PST
F. Meszaros says:
The funny thing is people that review thinks well know technology is changing. But they still take the and effort and spend the money to try new things. And sometimes tell others what they think about them.
According to your thinking we all still should be riding horses. That is very amusing.
And FYI: one day the SUn will die too my friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:23:00 AM PST
DocMo says:
F.Meszaros - I was actually supporting you and your review. I was saying that after somebody posts a review, there are usually people that come in and attack the reviewer's opinion because they don't agree with the reviewer. I think you wrote a great review, and I think everyone should be able to express their thoughts in a review without other members trying to discredit them in the comments. I mean, we all know that reviews on Amazon are opinions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›