4.0 out of 5 stars Skeptic turned fan, March 26, 2011
This review is from: CW-X Men's Full Length Ventilator Tights (Apparel)
I decided to run in a marathon and started training for it. When I started to get up into the higher mileage, double digits, I started experiencing leg and knee pains I had not had before. I tried all sorts of things to remedy the situation, calf compression, KT tape, and new shoes. Despite various techniques I was still experiencing discomfort in running.

I decided that it might be helpful to get more compression all over my legs since I liked my calf sleeve. I decided to go with the CWX Ventilator's because it offered knee support, the part of my leg that was the most troublesome.

Like most people trying running tights for the first time, I was skeptical if I would like them. I tend to enjoy the freedom of movement in my legs and thought these tights would be too restrictive. I also worried about how warm I would get since I live in Southern California. I do most of my running at nights but the temperature, even in winter, usually did not drop below 50 degrees.

Well I can say that for me, these two fears were unfounded. I have found I actually enjoy running in these tights. The ventilation provided in these tights does what they are supposed to, keep you cool. The compression is actually quite nice to have and does not overly restrict my running motion. The support for the knees is OK, but not great. The one slight against these is for anybody looking for a miracle. I still experienced some leg pains but with a combination of things, was able to reduce it to a bearable level. I would only take off 1/2 star for this, but since I can't do that at Amazon, I have to give it a 4.

I ended up running the marathon in these tights. I also did all my long runs in these tights. Was never too warm or uncomfortable, but to be fair the LA marathon in 2011 was in the middle of a miserable cold storm so having running tights ended up being really important.

I also bought the Stabilyx running tights, also from CWX to see if the support there would be better. Definitely better than the ventilators but not so much so that I prefer those to these since they are decidedly warmer to wear and in my opinion more restrictive. Between the two, I would recommend these, especially if you run in warmer weather.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]