5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, December 23, 2011
This review is from: XFX PRO850W Core Edition Power Supply ATX 850 Energy Star Certified Power Supply P1850SNLB9 (Personal Computers)
For those who are serious about getting quality for a great price, look no further. This is a good quality unit because it is the same as the Seasonic brother. If you are not aware, Seasonic power supplies are some of, if not, THE best power supplies around. The Corsair 850W is the same as the Seasonic as well. What differs between this product and the Corsair is the shorter power cable. I was concerned given my case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advance. My brother has the same case but the Corsair power supply. He said that he had inches to spare and I took the leap. Boy, I am sure glad that I did!

I bought this during the week long Black Friday deals so I got this for just over $100 (after rebate)!

If you find this to be cheaper than the Corsair, just pull the trigger and have never look back. Just be sure that if you are mounting the psu on the floor of your full tower, think about where your 24pin MB and your 8 pin CPU power connections are located relative to the psu placement. Mid Tower owners shouldn't worry. YMMV!

Read up for a much more detailed review checkout jonnyguru.com and search for the review.

Enjoy!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2012 5:21:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2012 5:22:24 PM PST
Derek G says:
Thanks for the review. I have the same case and just learned this was a rebranded Seasonic. You weren't specific but I assume all the cables fit. I'm a little concerned because my board's power connector is at the top of the case. The cable on my Coolermaster PSU just barely fit. You think it'll be long enough?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 9:01:50 PM PST
Derek,
The cables do fit for me. My mobo is an ASRock Extreme7 Gen3. I mounted the psu on the bottom. If you are mounting on the top it should be better. Your issue would then be to reach the GPU(s) with either the 6 pin or 6+2 pin cables and the drives in the lower 3.5 drive bays. I had no issue getting to my optical drive which is my top must bay.

The best thing to do is take a string and run it like how you would run your power cables. Both jonnyguru.com and overclockersclub.com list the various lengths of the cables. If what you measure comes up shorter than what they list, you should be in business.

I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 10:22:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2012 10:24:32 AM PST
Derek G says:
It helps a lot. Thanks! I have the same case as you. Video cards should be no problem but I was a little concerned about the motherboard cable because it mounts at the very top of the board. The cable lengths on the sites you pointed out seemed shorter than the motherboard cable on my existing PSU that were just barely long enough (Coolermaster Silent Pro M 700W). Went with a Corsair instead. Their TX850M is semi-modular but unfortunately it's a different maker; CXM or something that's not held in as high regard as Seasonic.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›