5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop for the price, June 5, 2012
This review is from: ASUS A53Z-AS61 15.6-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
I ordered this laptop and it was quite well packed in a huge box with massive amount of padding. Out of the box, it runs like a charm, fast and no issues whatsoever. It is NOT a gaming laptop, but you are able to play games on it like Starcraft 2 or league of legends on lower settings.

The Windows Experience Index results are...
Processor : 6.7
Memory(RAM): 5.9
Graphics: 4.5
Gaming Graphics: 6.1
Primary Hard Disk: 5.9

It plays HD videos quite well, obviously as it should...

Pros: Fast, cheap, best for the price, HDMI, USB3, Bright LED screen, easily upgradable to 8GB RAM, Large HDD, 1 year accidental warranty.

Cons: Speakers are a bit quiet, low resolution, I do not like the touchpad's functionalities for scrolling and zooming, which uses 2 fingers like apple products.

I HIGHLY recommend this laptop. I will update the review if anything goes wrong with it or I ever have any problems. In addition, I will answer any comments.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2012 4:42:03 PM PDT
Fernando says:
I was wondering if you could post up pictures of your laptop. I feel as though the pictures that are up use strange angles to decieve the buyer into thinking the laptop is sleeker than it is. I hope the laptop looks as nice as it does on the pictures that have been posted.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 5:57:03 PM PDT
Chris Bello says:
Honestly, the laptop does look as sleek as the pictures posted. They are highly accurate down to the close up view on the keyboard. I can take some pictures, but honestly am not quite sure how to post them here. One problem I've come across is a small buzzing sound coming from the touchpad that I can hear because I have really good ears, but it probably wouldn't bother anyone else. The aesthetics really are quite impressive on this laptop though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:10:45 AM PST
Can you play games on your computer. I don't know much about computers at all and my husband wants a computer he can play Star Wars: The old republic on because it won't work on our desktop. If you have any idea at all let me know!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:10:57 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:35:38 AM PST
Chris Bello says:
Yes you can play games, but usually at lower settings. I've played Starcraft and League of Legends with no problem.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:35:26 AM PST
Gregg says:
Hi Chris,
How is the computer running these days? I'm considering this brand/model for my 13 year-old daughter. Are the speakers functional enough to use? I'm thinking primarily for skype, not so much for games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:38:33 AM PST
Chris Bello says:
The computer is still running quite strong and fast as when I got it. It would be great for skype. They are fine, they just aren't extremely loud. I instructed my grandmother to buy this computer also, and she is able to skype with me on it without any problems. It's not the newest technology anymore, but it gets the job done.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:07:01 PM PST
Johnny says:
I read someones comments that it had MS Word + Excel already installed. But I dont see that in the specs. Is that right? For free, no extra charge?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:14:08 PM PST
Chris Bello says:
Yes mine has a limited version of Word + Excel, not the full versions, but Word seems to work for basic word processing although an annoying ad is always on the right hand side. I haven't used the excel yet, so I am not too sure of its limitations.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 7:14:15 PM PST
Molly says:
Hi - my son plays leaque of legends. he has an old computer and it doesn't play well. We are hoping not to spend a fortune. Is this the best deal for a computer to play league of legends?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (157 customer reviews)

Out of stock