Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

1.0 out of 5 stars Product has potential. Logitech customer support is very poor, February 3, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote with Color Touchscreen (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I bought this remote based on a positive review I read on CNET. I first tried to program the remote using my MAC and the software would just freeze at the final step. After several tries I put it on my PC and it ran OK. After programming, the remote functioned as advertised for about 48 hours. Then it displayed a low battery signal, would not charge, and died. I called Logitech customer support. Similar to another review on Amazon I encountered that the advertised support number with the remote does not support the remote. After retrieving the 2nd number I was able to speak to a service representative who said he would forward my case for review. A couple of days later I received an e-mail that I had been mailed a new battery. That was about a month ago. I still do not have a battery or a functioning remote. I called again and this time customer service said my case was still open because they do not have any of those type batteries. I suggest that you avoid this company altogether as they obviously cannot support what they sell.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2010 7:47:43 AM PDT
xyz says:
You just hit on the exact reason why I don't want to buy this, even though friends have recommended it. If something goes wrong (and in the last 5 years, since manufacturers have been chasing cheap labor all over the world, something ALWAYS goes wrong, particularly with Logitech stuff), you have to deal with their "customer service", which is useless.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2010 3:12:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2010 3:12:33 AM PDT
Well, let's ALL ask ourselves a very serious and vital question!
How many times have we written to our "lawmakers" and brought up the very issue of all the "outsourcing" of American labor to foreign countries. Few I expect, no, we just sit around the dinner table or coffee shop moaning and groaning just how bad things are getting. We blame the manufacturer for all their "GREED" and for trying to INCREASE their "PROFIT" margin all they can. We blame Hollyweird for all the "trash" that they produce and then having the audacity of calling them movies. No, we are getting what we deserve, lots of "cheap" (in many more ways than one) movies, tools, and yes, electronics to fill our carts with. THEN, when "WE" are outsourced out of a job and are in the unemployment line and our houses are being put up on the auction block, we begin to raise our voices and complain; WHY is unemployment so high?, WHY can I not find a job? Why am I losing my house? WE all need to draw a line in the sand (which will NEVER happen) and stop buying all this foreign made junk to begin with!! Unfortunately, it's kinda like trying to stop an avalanche or a moving train by jumping in front of it and holding out your hand. NO, the god of "self gratification" has been let out of Pandora's box, NEVER to be re-captured!!

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 10:24:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2011 10:27:13 AM PDT
Eric Irvan says:
Logitech's customer service is one of the best I've seen from any company. I had a previous remote from them, one of their older models, whose screen went blank about a month out of warranty, a problem some of their remotes have had. Logitech replaced it within a week, despite it being out of warranty. That, my friend, is superb customer service.

xyz, I have bought some stuff from Logitech over the years. 2 remotes, 2 mice, ear buds, a keyboard. The ONLY ones that had any actual problems were the earbuds, which went bad about 6 months after buying them, and one of the remotes, which went bad after the warranty period expired. Logitech replaced both within a week. One of the mice I bought my mother dropped on the floor several times, which actually messed up the scrolling. Despite that, however, Logitech quickly was willing to replace it with an even newer mouse within a week. So, I'd say, their service is superb and nothing about their products ALWAYS go wrong. By the way, that replacement remote is still working perfectly 2 years later. So is the Logitech remote I bought 2 years ago. It's working just as well as it was the day I bought it. The ear buds have been working perfectly since they were replaced a year and a half ago. The mouse I bought for myself, the one that wasn't replaced, has been working flawlessly that past 2 years. Still works like the day I first bought it. I have NEVER come across a problem with it. The keyboard, well, that was bought less than a month ago, so I can't really say anything about it yet. However, if it's like anything else I bought from Logitech, it should be perfect. I should also add that my mother has had another mouse from Logitech, not the one I bought her, for at least 5 years, and it still works perfectly. It still works better than the Microsoft mice she has. That says a lot for both the customer service and quality of Logitech products, you know. Their better than Microsoft, at least, thought I guess that's not saying much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 12:45:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2011 1:29:00 PM PST
George Sachs says:

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 6:33:08 PM PST
N. Campbell says:
We bought the remote about six months ago and it worked well until one day it didn't. The LCD wouldn't light up anymore. My husband went round and round with the customer service in India for weeks, taking mobile photo pictures and sending it to them, tech support, etc and could never speak to a manager and get it taken care of properly. It was ridiculous. We finally gave up (we don't usually, but we had to because it just was not worth the trouble and time anymore) and still have a broken, useless remote that no one fixed or offered to replace. DO NOT BUY THIS OR ANY OTHER LOGITECH PRODUCT. If you need service, you won't get what you need.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 4:35:27 PM PST
I have had terrible tech support problems with Logitech in the past. I simply won't buy anything Logitech. Period. (and their stuff is always over priced --mediocre stuff, over priced).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 8:49:41 AM PST
S. Smith says:
My screen stopped working within two weeks and according to logitech, it's my fault! I didn't choose the design, I didn't choose the vendor, I wasn't in charge of quality control. I'm just some idiot that didn't do enough research on this company and their product before I purchased.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›