1.0 out of 5 stars Fake!!!!!!!!!, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Kingston 8 GB microSDHC Class 4 Flash Memory Card SDC4/8GB (Electronics)
I received this card, order fulfilled by Amazon, it worked once and then stopped. So I called Kingston, after reading them the number printed on the card Kingston informed me that it was fake.

I contacted Amazon and they told me that they would give me a refund. I told them that this is not enough, because other people are receiving counterfeit merchandise.

Raj, my customer service rep tells me he'll report it and they'll stop selling it. After he told me he'd send me another one...What another fake one?

So if you order this, I would suggest verifying with kingston that it is genuine product before use.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2011 12:00:45 AM PDT
ninja crepes says:
I've been having issues with the one that was delivered to me. (There is no way this is a class 4.) and DUH it never occurred to me to call Kingston directly to verify authenticity. soon as they open, they're getting a call from me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 10:53:12 PM PST
Wow i received a faulty one as well i contacted Kingston and sure enough its a counterfit how do i call Raj or anyone who works for amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 4:14:36 PM PST
R. Dawson says:
What company is selling the fakes?

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 2:20:29 AM PDT
The one I purchased was fulfilled by amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 2:22:46 AM PDT
If you go to the help page, on the right there is a 'contact us' button.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:09:12 AM PST
I would think if you buy the Kingston Memory Card with fulfillment by Amazon, you needn't worry about it being a fake. That SHOULD only happen when buying from other sellers. I think that needs to be pointed out...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2013 2:53:21 PM PDT
Really? Cause that's exactly what happened to me. I think you're calling me a liar. Are you saying that amazon cannot be a victim of fraud? Please, go on and tell me how much you know about the impossibility of amazon getting fake goods from distributors.

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 2:17:22 PM PDT
use below link for product authenticity verification...

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 3:04:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2013 3:07:35 PM PST
T. Adlam says:
I just wanted to mention a couple things:

First, thank you for the warning, Eric, and the recommendation to contact Kingston prior to even using the card.

Second, "Fulfilled by Amazon" and "*sold* by Amazon" are two different things. In the former, a seller sends the item to Amazon's warehouse in order to have Amazon's staff package it and send it off to the customer once sold.

Amazon isn't the merchant, it just handles the heavy-lifting, so to speak, and, as far as I know, they don't consider it their place to thoroughly vet the products a seller sends in as they would inspect their own inventory.

Basically, a consumer still needs to be wary of sellers even if the product is fulfilled by Amazon. (I prefer it simply because dealing with Amazon rather than individual sellers in the event of a problem tends to be easier and smoother.)

It's a few years after the fact, but wanted to clarify that in case anyone else is doing similar research. Also, it would be great to know specifically which seller you purchased from. (The seller's name would appear on the account order page just below the product's name/link.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2014 9:53:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2014 9:55:41 PM PST
Ohio dude says:
No, rather if you buy an item fulfilled by Amazon if you complain they will make it easy to give you a refund and pull the money from the seller's account. Many Amazon sellers complain about that. Amazon can't stop the counterfeiting but they can assure you a refund.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (6,341 customer reviews)
 (4,738)

$16.27 $4.99
Reviewer

Location: Virginia Beach, VA.