4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price.....and..., December 17, 2010
This review is from: CowboyStudio Photography Video Studio Triple Lighting Kit with 10 feet x 12 feet Black, White and Green Muslins Backdrops and Background Support System with Case (Electronics)
I purchased this set to use for photo and video production to profile some products my company sells. First off, CowboyStudio shipped this to me fast - so fast, I got it several days earlier than the listed arrival date on Amazon. A pleasant surprise.
Now to the product. The entire unit didn't come with any assembly instructions, but its quite easy to figure out how everything goes together. The backdrop support and light kits all fit inside the included carry case, but the muslin backdrops do not nor would I force the light bulbs in there either. Not a significant issue, but one that should be noted.
The muslins are all of good quality and fit nicely on the support system. Of course, you'll have to iron/steam the wrinkles out, but that's easily done as well.
I did find that the 40 Watt/5000K lights while giving up nicely balanced light, were underpowered and needed to be close to the subject - something that given the size of the backdrop didn't prove to be an effective solution. We ended up buying different bulbs locally.
Overall, happy with the set, happy with the price and happy with the company. If the bulbs were better suited and everything fit in the case, would be a 5-star review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2011 12:26:28 PM PST
Tammy Manes says:
Are the bulbs easy to find? Like Wal-mart......

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 7:39:21 PM PDT
thanks for the information.. now is this support also for 10x20 ?

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 5:23:39 AM PDT
Master Bobi says:
I noticed the same thing about the bulbs supplied. I know that the light sockets support a max of 105 watts. Did you get these or higher wattage and change the sockets?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2011 6:08:51 AM PDT
D. Brown says:
In the 10 months I've used this now - I've switched to professional 250Watt incandescent bulbs in new sockets but reused the stands plus bought a few more. The bulbs and sockets I sourced locally.

I ended up using this set a lot more than I expected and it's held up well. The muslins remain in excellent shape despite all the use.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 7:05:34 AM PST
N. Ruffolo says:
Where do you buy new sockets and how to do you know what kind to buy? Sorry, electrical stuff is not my area of expertise. I bought this kit and I'm hoping to make it work for me, but the bulbs it came with are not bright enough. If there is a link to a website with the sockets/bulbs, I'd really appreciate it so I know what I'm looking for! Thank you. :)

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 2:13:53 PM PDT
Pablo Averza says:
Do you think that this light level can be use for slow motion?

Posted on May 9, 2014 11:02:11 AM PDT
qweenb2203 says:
Yes, the bulbs included are 45 watts but they are fluorescent bulbs. The light they give off is equivalent to an incandescent bulb of 225 watts. I find it hard to believe that you actually switched yours on as the ones I received are extremely bright and more than sufficient for taking portraits.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›