4.0 out of 5 stars video is good, but instruction is really bad, July 29, 2012
This review is from: R310 2.7-inch 140 degrees Dual Lens dash board camera car dvr black box video recorder + gps logger (Electronics)
Length:: 2:01 Mins

After having HD 720P 2.5-inch LCD Monitor CAR Dash Dashboard CAMERA Cam VEHICLE VIDEO Accident RECORDER DVR Support SD/MMC Memory Card : Up to 64GB about a year, and caught some good videos, I decide to get more car DVR for all my cars. Found this one, but I can not find any video from anywhere, so I decide to take my chance getting one to see how good the video quality is.

The setup is easy, video is excellent comparing to my previous car DVR, the GPS sensor is very sensitive, GPS function is very useful when you reviewing the video, it tell you exactly where your car was at exact time, 6 minutes video clip took about 360 MB, you will need large micro SD card for it.

I only gave four star because of the User Manual is really really bad, so far I only test single lens mode at day time, I did not test the other lens and night time yet, I will update my review after I done those.

10-24-2012 updates

I just notice Amazon change the product I wrote review on to another one, Amazon keep the same title, the product review I wrote was a football shape, totally different one, I do not own the current one, I do not know anything about the current one.

01-13-2013 updates

just found Amazon change the product picture back to the one I own and I wrote the review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 7, 2012 5:33:13 PM PDT

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 12:38:04 AM PDT
nice video. shows product quality

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 7:53:19 AM PDT
Is the video quality as bad as it is in that video? Or did Amazon compress the video that was uploaded?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 3:13:53 PM PDT
Y. Ho says:
The video was converted from original format, then uploaded to Amazon, I believe Amazon also compress it.

From my original video, I adjust the player window to about 6" x 4", at 1:22, I can see the car tag number in front of me. from full screen playback, it is much better than Amazon full screen playback.

But I like to mention again, Amazon changed the product with the same item number and description, I don't know how good the current one is.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 8:50:49 PM PDT
How did you install this in your car? Does it install on car ceiling?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:58:10 AM PDT
Y. Ho says:
camera holder attach camera on one end, suction cup on the other end, install on windshield.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:07:37 AM PST
What did you need as accessories to upload the video from the SDHC to Amazon? What types of SDHC does the unit accept? SDHC 32 GB class 10? Can it accept SDHC 64 GB? My computer crashes if I try to access and SDHC 32 GB class 10 under Windows XP? I wanted to ask you how can you get those images off the SDHC and show them to others? What accessories did you need?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 4:36:07 PM PST
Y. Ho says:
it support up to 32 GB Micro SD card, I only use class 6, so I can not answer your class 10 question, from build-in player, you need "export" the video to your computer, then you need to edit your video, I use MS movie maker come with Windows 7, no extra software or accessories needed.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:40:40 AM PST
Awsome S says:
Can u pl post the Model number & other relevant details of the orig camera for which you posted the review & which is awsome as per you. This will help me in searching for it. Also Pl mention the price you paid.
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 12:50:48 PM PST
Y. Ho says:
the original product looks like this one
BOOMYOURS 2.7" TFT 270°Rotating Dual Camera Lens HD Car DVR