5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Compact Camera, June 20, 2012
This review is from: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX66 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 3.3-inch OLED (White) (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We like to go hiking and take an occasional photo, but no one wants to carry a camera. This camera solves that problem. It's so tiny and light, you don't feel it in your pocket. The lens cover is great, there's no way to lose it and the camera comes on as soon as you slide it open. The camera focuses very quickly and is easy to use. Several times we had to take shots quickly and this camera performed very well and the resolution of the pictures was enough to blow the pic up enough to fill my computer screen.

The fast shutter speed allowed us to pull the camera out, open it, snap a shot or two and be on our way. As soon as you slide the lens cover back up, the camera is off. It didn't seem to matter if we had a lot of light or not, the pictures were sharp and clear. Even the motion shots came out sharp. Because I'm clumsy, I ended up with some videos that I intended to be pictures. Took me a few days to get used to the camera. However, the video quality was very good.

No software comes with the camera. Which is fine with me, I hate installing a bunch of crap on my computer just so I can use a device. You do get a USB charger - it's not a micro USB unfortunately so don't lose the cable.

We did notice some things, the more we zoomed in, the less resolution we had. If I put the camera very close to something, the picture came out much better. The touch screen is very sensitive, every time I tried to look through the pictures I'd just taken, another menu would pop up over my view. Probably my fault but it's tough to hold the camera and not touch any part of it. Also, sometimes I'd accidently bring up menus while taking pictures. I guess this camera requires a very careful and deliberate touch.

Also, buy a micro SD card when you get this camera.

The camera also has lots of special effects you can use, so it's fun for the kids to play with too. While you obviously don't want to mistreat it, it seems pretty tough. I kept it in my sweaty pocket while I hiked all over the mountains and it still looks and works like I just pulled it out of the box.

In Short: Small. Sturdy. Sharp Pictures. Sweet!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]