Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars For the fan not the fanatic, January 1, 2010
This review is from: Harry Potter Years 1-6 Gift Set (Widescreen Edition) (DVD)
While I value all posted opinions of this product I strongly disagree with the notion that this product is dumb. For anyone who has waited many long years and not purchased any of the movies until now, or anyone who was hooked later in the series, this set is a real value. All the released movies are bundled neatly together and they don't consume much space in my movie library because of the slim packaging.

This set is certainly not for the collector as there is no bonus material whatsoever. This is fine for us as we generally never watch the second disc anyway. If you have been waiting to buy or are new to the series and you don't mind the lack of bonus material this set really makes it easy to start your collection.

If this does not describe what you are looking for then I suggest you do as the other reviewers have suggested and look elsewhere or wait till the complete set releases in several years. For what this product is however (all current movies/no frills), this is a great set.

***Update***

W. Price has educated me that this review shows on the Blu Ray page for this movie as well. He has correctly noted the following.

"Just a note, since this review is cross-posted on the Blu-ray version: the Blu-ray discs *do* include some bonus features (deleted scenes, documentaries, etc.) accessible from the menu button. However, they're easy to miss because there is no title menu and the movie begins playing immediately."(W. Price Nov. 28, 2010 10:28 AM PST)

For clarifications sake, my reivew is of the DVD VERSION.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2010 7:02:58 AM PST
RandomJoe says:
Yeah I agree with you. Waiting for the super ultimate edition with all the extended cut versions of the movies... well, you're going to be waiting an awfully long time. I don't really mind not having all of the extras. I saw the movies in the theater and I have no issues with the theatrical releases. This isn't like Lord of the Rings which had tons of content cut. For those, I will wait until they release the extended versions on Blu-Ray.

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 8:41:27 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 23, 2010 8:41:37 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 9:47:41 AM PST
P. Corley says:
thank you for letting me know there is no bonus material - that's what we live for.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2010 7:58:43 PM PST
For this price you can buy this now, and sell it on ebay and buy the complete set with frills in a few years, and probably make all your money back on this set! I would like the bonus features, but for this price, I will wait for the deluxe complete set, and just get these videos for now :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2010 8:26:51 PM PST
Pam Tremble says:
I absolutely agree! I was just saying yesterday that I want to sit down and watch all the HP movies again as I get ready to see #7. This set is cheaper than renting all the movies individually and by purchasing the set I can watch at my leisure and not worry about late fees at Blockbuster.

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 10:28:36 AM PST
W. Price says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2010 4:47:28 PM PST
Thanks for the note. I have not followed this review since I wrote it a year ago. I have updated my review to include the info you have mentioned in your comment. I thought it was fair to give you the credit so I included your quote and sited you as the source. I also clarified that my reivew is of the DVD version.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›