4.0 out of 5 stars Manifesting Your Desires, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting (Audio CD)
In Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer attempts to teach the listener in this audio tape how to manifest their desires. Since the explosion in popularity of books like The Secret and The Law of Attraction, many authors have written about this theme. It is a good book, but I give it 4 stars because there is nothing new.

That said, this audio book does a very good job of explaining the process. Dyer is a spiritual man--his teachers are Saint Francis and Lao-Tzu--and the book comes from a spiritual place.

I have enjoyed listening to Dyer's soothing voice in the car. The book is easy to understand and enjoyable to listen to.

Essentially, the teaching is to retrain your subconscious mind to manifest your desires while connecting to your highest self. In so doing, you are connecting to the universe and effortless manifestation will follow.

Through the use of your imagination and the practice of assuming the feeling of your wishes already fulfilled, Dyer asserts your wishes will manifest.

As a Feng Shui interior designer, I am familiar with the practice of placing objects (Feng Shui) to manifest your desires. My favorite book on the subject--and I highly recommend it along with Wishes Fulfilled--HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT--does what Dyer suggests--experience what it FEELS like to have already manifested your desires when you think about what you want. This book has helped both me and many of my clients manifest their desires with the additional boost of placing objects.

Dyer writes: "This book will help you See--with a capital S--that your are divine, and that your already possess an inner, invisible higher self that can and will guide you toward the mastery of the art of manifestation. You can attain this mastery through deliberate conscious control of your imagination."

Recommend.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2012 9:44:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2012 9:08:32 AM PDT
thanks for review. Though not following the conventional path of looking to get wealthy, in I Walked to the Moon and Almost Everybody Waved: The Curiously Inspiring Adventures of a Free Spirit Who Changed Lives you also see how trusting in the universe and being generous comes back to you.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 2:57:20 AM PST
Mike B. says:
I have seen parts of the "Wishes Fulfilled" TV special, not to mention Dr. Dyer's previous TV presentations (always on PBS). I am interested in his new book, but I'm afraid it will be like the TV special. Bless Dr. Dyer's soul, but he always takes the scenic route before getting to the point.

Think of a manual on automobile repair. Should it contain lengthy chapters on how wonderful mankind is for finally finding a way to stop relying on horses for transportation? No.

I don't care for the side trips and his promotion of a new religion that tells me I am God--which I am not. What would be most helpful is a succinct course on manifestation, without all the tangential excursions and philosophizing that Wayne loves so much. Is "Wishes Fulfilled" the best book in that regard?

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 11:02:27 AM PST
"...attempts to teach the listener in this audio tape..." ....this Amazon listing is for the hardcover print edition, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 10:31:18 AM PST
Yes, I too have seen most of the "Wishes Fulfilled" TV special. It made me sad. For quite some time, I have thought that Wayne Dyer was trying to teach the same old New Age lessons again and again, with each new PBS special/book. When I saw "Wishes Fulfilled," I knew (sadly) that I was right.

The only thing I can think is that Dr. Dyer needs money, maybe more money because he has serious health problems. It makes me feel sad, his willingness to preach and re-preach ad infinitum--

Barbara

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 11:17:17 AM PST
Dyer makes 50 million a year plus in book royalties, and gives nearly ALL of it away. I guarantee you it's not about any need for or lack of money. My own personal take on it, is that he just keeps hitting things from slightly different angles to reach that many more people. I had a chance to meet him unexpectedly at an event last march and it was pretty amazing. If you could see the people one after another that just kept coming up to him saying "you changed my life " or " you saved my life "....I was completely blown away.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2012 10:54:40 AM PDT
badboy says:
What's your source for that? Others say it's not true that Dyer gives away the bulk of his fortune.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 9:47:39 AM PDT
I know that we can retrain our subconscious by imagining what we want because I retrained mine that way. But there's a major difference between teaching me how to retrain it and telling me that I'm God. So I worry that his New Age ideas may promote narcissism. Although I'm sorry to hear about his health problems, Dr. Dyer hasn't fulfilled his wish to be healthy. For me, those problems are good reasons to doubt that he's god. The only God I believe in is the Holy Trinity.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 12:41:22 PM PDT
I agree with Mr. McEnaney. We are not God although I believe that the spirit of God dwells in us, and, that we are, in some ways, part of the Divine. Dyer's New Age ideas can be destructive and encourage love of self which is contrary to the Christian concept of self-denial, humility, and submission to God's will. His teachings are found in Theosophy, Rosicrucianism and witchcraft.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 6:26:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 29, 2012 6:27:35 PM PDT
David says:
The negative reviewers seem to all want to criticize their own problems, they don't seem to understand Dr. Dyer's ideas. This is an interesting book, as is any book about Quantum Mechanics in daily life. As with all of Dr. Dyer's books, this proceeds in a very logical fashion, very orderly, and easy to understand. His explanation of Neville Goddard's ideas is the simplest I've seen. This is way, way beyond Your Erroneous Zones. I wanted to really understand this stuff, so I also got The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies, The Secret of Instant Healing, The Future Is Yours: Do Something About It!, Dowsing and Manifesting, Secrets of Shamanism: Tapping the Spirit Power Within You, Matrix Energetics: The Science and Art of Transformation, Serge King's Urban Shaman, House of Shattering Light: Life as an American Indian Mystic, The Neville Reader: A Collection of Spiritual Writings and Thoughts on Your Inner Power to Create an Abundant Life- since Dr. Dyer references him directly, Journey to the Ancestral Self: The Native Lifeway Guide to Living in Harmony with the Earth Mother (Bk.1), and Laura Day's books on intuition, which are all other examples of applied Quantum Mechanics. This book's methods work for me. There are people for whom nothing works. They know volumes about whatever problems they have, because they want to keep those problems, which make them feel important, and right. Would you rather be right, or healthy? If you are willing to change, to grow, to become more of who you are, this book is worthwhile. If you prefer to stay cooped up in a box of limiting beliefs, well, don't read any of Dr. Dyer's books.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 4:43:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 4:56:01 AM PDT
MAMZELLLE says:
Can't imagine WHY people above who DON'T believe his concepts that WE ARE ALL GOD, are even bothering with Dyer's at all... that is his MAIN THEME and philosophy... and through the ages as well, from other great Master's souces through history. Stick to your own religion, then! Why bother complaining about this. And WHY is this being called an ""AUDIO BOOK"", I did NOT buy an audio book, this is a REGULAR book, I already have the PBS special TAPED from last year on PBS and want the BOOK form too. WHY are people so CONFUSED and giving others the WRONG impression, this clearly SAYS that it is a ""BOOK"", not an audio book! Pay ATTENTION to what is being offered and what media form that you are BUYING.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (699 customer reviews)

$24.95 $17.15