2.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic ER-GN30 is a better choice, December 26, 2011
This review is from: Wahl 5546-200 Ear, Nose and Brow 2-in-1 Deluxe Lighted Trimmer, Black/silver (Health and Beauty)
I purchased both the Panasonic ER-GN30-k and the Wahl 5546-200. I had high hopes for the Wahl, but it didn't cut hair as close as the Panasonic did. There were some hairs that it just wouldn't touch (even though they're right there!). The Panasonic didn't have any problems.

The difference might be related to the design of the end of the blade guard, as the Wahl is wide open, where the Panasonic blade guard kind of wraps around the top or tip of the blade.

I would recommend the Panasonic over the Wahl by a mile.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2012 7:03:22 AM PDT
Sorry you had a problem with our product. We want to earn your business. Please contact customer service so that we can further assist you in resolving this issue.

1800 735-9245
Wahl Customer Service

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 9:19:13 PM PDT
Logical says:

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 8:07:04 PM PDT
Since I was debating between the Panasonic and the Wahl, this review was the most beneficial. I think it's most likely due to Panasonics dual blad design that gets closer.

I also think it's very tacky that Jamie from Wahl posted here. Especially since there is nothing "customer service" can do to resolve an inferior design unless it's to inform the engineers that there are superior products out there.

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 10:19:21 PM PDT
medi says:
Like Chris, I was also trying to decide between these two (Wahl's vs. the Panasonic ER-GN30k) so it I am thankful that you have given me your opinion for a direct comparison. However unlike Chris, I am impressed by the Wahl's rep who monitors the comments about their products and who-without having been asked by the customer- tries to "make good" to those customers who are less than satisfied. I wish all companies were as responsible as Wahl.

Posted on Jun 16, 2014 10:18:16 AM PDT
Cotton Socks says:
Have to agree with the other comments here. Glad I checked as I was wavering over the Panasonic but Jamie's rather poor CS approach has tipped it to Panasonic for me.

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 9:24:52 AM PDT
Darkness_ says:
I've owned two Panasonic ER-GN30-K's. Both died within one month of ownership.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›