5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive Mortal Kombat Game!!!, April 19, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mortal Kombat - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
In late 1992 I walked into an Arcade at the age of 10 years old. At the time Arcade gaming was enjoying quite a bit of success at family fun parks, and this Birthday trip was about to introduce me to one of the greatest series to every hit the arcades and consoles.

To this day I still want to hit Block, Up, Up to finish characters off when I play as my man Scorpion...however, the urge to play any kind of Mortal Kombat has long since left. After MKII and MK3 things got pretty rocky in the "quality/fun" department of the Mortal Kombat series. I played many of the games, but the last 3 offerings I haven't bothered more than a few minutes playing.

THIS GAME however has changed ALL of that!!

This my friends is THE Mortal Kombat game that fans have been wanting and missing all these years. This is an absolute, all out feature fest of fighting modes and options. The challenge mode alone has over 300 options to play through and the customized modes have literally an endless supply of options to tweak the game as you see fit.

All the classic characters and favorites included in the game are well represented. All of the costumes are here too...from the 90's style uniforms to unlock-able classics and sweet special outfits. No one will regret this purchase. If you want THE BEST fighting game of recent memory (and yes I play them all) along with the most diverse set of options and FUN modes, then this is your ticket.

The extreme and even "offensive" (haha) violence, awesome sound, and immense fun is finally back with a wonderful new fighting engine and all the things that made a 10 year old boy spend hundreds of quarters at the arcade all those years ago. Mortal Kombat has FINALLY returned!!!

Note: Ignore the one star review. If it doesn't get deleted by Amazon in the first place, the guy has no clue what he's talking about...which is obvious. The Xbox 360 version actually has slightly sharper textures, and a Cleaner and Darker look to it..not to mention better lighting/shadow casting. This is from a side by side comparison..and a GPU based difference in the two games. You can visit lensoftruth.com to see the difference if you want. I'm not bashing the PS3 version though, it is basically equal to the 360 version and vice versa. You are buying one beauty of a game on EITHER console.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 19, 2011 10:42:26 AM PDT
Randy says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 10:47:09 AM PDT
M. & S. N. says:
Sorry kid, but you're ridiculous. I have a PS3 and a 360...and two copies of the game. I have friends that only own one of each console, and I want to be able to play with them.

I'm a fan of gaming, not consoles.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 10:54:20 AM PDT
Thank you for an honest review. I feared that the PS3 1 star trolls were multiplying.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 11:06:13 AM PDT
J. Green says:
Sony fanboys always do this, especially when they finally get exclusive content and it isn't even that good. I own a PS3 also, played the demo right away and knew I had to have it. I'm in the same boat as this reviewer, I loved the MK games back in the day. My blu-ray player...er...my PS3 just doesn't get much love in the gaming department because 9 and a half times out of 10 the 360 version is superior.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 1:13:51 PM PDT

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 11:46:59 PM PDT
B. galbreath says:
so i pre-ordered my MK9 x-box 360 game and just received it in the mail. its the standard copy and im really confused/irritated. I thought i would get the reptile costume with finishing move since it stated pre-order game on amazon and receive these unlockables. But alas i do not have this and im wondering to myself if i had to buy the collectors addition why is it more expensive to buy the standard addition on amazon than in a general retail store. If you have any feedback to either how i can contact someone for this or if this was just a "fine print" thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2011 11:40:09 PM PDT
Chuck says:
The code for the reptile costume will be send to you by email 2 days after your copy has been shipped. If you still didn't get the code until now my advice is try to contact amazon regarding this issue by phone or chat.

Posted on May 15, 2011 12:01:51 PM PDT
Donn LaRose says:
motal kombat is the best game i have ever played.the best characters are scorpion and sub zero.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2011 12:03:51 PM PDT
Donn LaRose says:
i agree

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2011 5:43:04 PM PDT
Justin says:
Lol, its the same game how can it be much better other than the better more ergonomic controller? I'm a cheapo so I don't even play online on my xbox anymore, and whats even worse is that I can't even play this damn game when it comes tommorow because my Xbox has red ring. Return it? Nope Warranty is done, but sadly I have too much games on my xbox I might as well buy the new one.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (291 customer reviews)

$29.95