5.0 out of 5 stars Updates about Perplexus construction - Dec 2009, December 13, 2009
This review is from: Perplexus Original Maze Game by PlaSmart, Inc. (Toy)
First off, my whole family loves Perplexus!

I won't drag on with a description of the product, as other reviews have done this. But I will offer some updates regarding some of the previous reviewers' concerns about the construction of the toy.

1: The "watermark" stamp seems to have been changed. There still is one, which now reads "Perplexus," but it is not frosted; it is clear like the rest of the ball. Granted, there is some distortion looking through this from some angles, but it does not seem to impeed play.

2: The swing arm on ours works fine.

3: The hemispheres are screwed together tightly and look as though they will hold up to abuse. (But I will admit here that we have only had this toy for 2 days. If it breaks, I'll post a revised review).

4: The numbers along the track are still very difficult to see without very bright light, and even then you may have to tip the toy in a direction you don't want to in order to see the numbers. However, most of the pathways are easy to follow without the numbers, and once you've followed a path, it's unlikely you'll forget the way, so you really only need the numbers once.

Overall: my whole family (including the 5 year old) is in LOVE with this toy. We've had to set up rules about how long anybody gets to play with it, just to make sure the rest of us get our turn. I'm buying several as Christmas presents.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2010 12:48:53 PM PDT
Bob says:
I just purchased this item yesterday and both my wife and I really enjoy it. ( We are both in our 40's). So fun can truly be had for all ages. This would be a great item to give as a Christmas gift to give to one person or to a family. Well made and hours of joy. A new Perplexus maze is due out in 2011.

Posted on Sep 5, 2010 12:49:20 PM PDT
Bob says:

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 10:21:01 AM PST
cathy says:
Can an almost 4 yr old with above average fine motor skills enjoy this? He already writes letters, and loves puzzles. 6 yr old will get one, suspect he will want one as well.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 5:14:35 PM PDT
We just got the game and can't find a ball inside. Is it hiding? Did I get a defective one? Please help--Steph

Posted on Aug 12, 2011 3:48:28 PM PDT
M.G. says:
I'm wondering if this maze ball would be more challenging without the numbers being seen? Or does it perhaps then become too challenging?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2011 2:23:46 PM PDT
We almost never look at the numbers. It's pretty easy to figure out, just not always easy to DO. The only reason we might look at the numbers is so we can say, "Argh, I fell off at 38!" or whatever. My 10yo said he never uses the numbers.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (1,367 customer reviews)
 (1,007)