4.0 out of 5 stars How to make your downloaded copy work and not waste your time, May 26, 2011
This review is from: Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Download] (Software Download)
I too was nervous about the download, as this is my first digital game to download and I wanted it to work. Here's what worked for me and it should work for you too.

1. After you've bought the game and have your product code, Google for EA Download Manager. Download it. This is EA official downloader, similar to Valve.
2. Once you've installed and completely setup the EA Download Manager, you get to your first screen where you see a little sprocket icon next to your profile picture on the left side. You'll see an option for redeeming your game code. This is where you will put the product code in. Choose which version you want to download (I got the option to download the digital deluxe version)
3. After entering your code and are done with choosing your options, click the sprocket again and click refresh my games (this is where I freaked out a little, because even after my code was accepted, nothing showed up automatically, but after refreshing I breathed a sigh).
4. Start your download and enjoy

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 28, 2011 9:43:27 AM PDT
E. Parrettie says:
Nice tip, thanks.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 3:15:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2011 6:12:51 PM PDT
RC Lim says:
Thanks, it's very helpful and I'm downloading the deluxe version now.
It still confuses me why I can download the deluxe version, it is sold for $49 in Origin (the current EA Download Manager).

Update: Okay, now I understand, by choosing the deluxe version you will be able to download and install the Vietnam expansion pack but you can't play it unless you enter the game code.

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 4:13:09 AM PDT
EA Download manager has securom in it, enough for me to reject it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 1:50:49 PM PDT
Yang Yang Li says:
So this is perfect for me, because I have the expansion code! Muhahaha...

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 1:51:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2011 1:56:07 PM PDT
Yang Yang Li says:
It's always better to download the deluxe version right? Does this mean I don't need to use the Amazon Game Downloader to download this game?
This doesn't make much sense. I downloaded the game from Amazon and it was only 5 GB while the file from EA is 9GB.
It must be EA's annoying habit of packing bloatware trials of their games into the downloads. Crap, one day into the month and I've already used up %50 of my allotted bandwidth limit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 1:57:12 PM PDT
J. Kelm says:
The deluxe version, from the best I could tell includes the Vietnam expansion. By that, I mean if you purchase the expansion, you just throw in the code and vietnam is already there. And yes, this means you can use the EA downloader instead, which I recommend anyway.

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 7:30:46 PM PDT
Fu H. Lim says:
whats the serial key?

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 8:56:43 AM PDT
Ana E. Rivas says:
Yeah, I too did this, but I didn't get a Vietnam code. I contacted their support and they told me to contact Amazon. WTF?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 6:03:46 PM PDT
J. Kelm says:
The purchase doesn't include Vietnam "unlocked". You still have to purchase that to get the serial code. But if you purchase it and already downloaded the Deluxe version, you technically have the Vietnam pack. Inputting your recently bought Vietnam code "unlocks" it. Hope that clarifies. So if you have no intentions of ever buying the Vietnam pack, or just want to do it later, by all means download the Battlefield version which is smaller.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 4:32:46 PM PDT
Neal says:
how do you get the product code, if you download the digital download?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›