4.0 out of 5 stars Lazy, October 28, 2012
This review is from: Timex T156B Wake-up Shake and Wake Alarm Clock (Black) (Toy)
There are a lot of lazy people in this world, and well, then there is my brother. Every afternoon I have to hear my mom screaming, trying to wake my brother up so he can go to college on time. Yes, he has an alarm clock, but since he is a heavy sleeper he usually sleeps through it. I decided upon myself to get him a new clock, hoping that it would tone down his laziness and help him out. I did a lot of research and decided to go with this clock. Now this clock is a very fun product. It turned out to be a perfect match for my brother because unlike traditional alarm clocks, this product use phrases rather than beep sounds. This clock has various different humorous phrases installed in it, and it sounds as if someone is screaming at you to get up. It's priceless seeing my brother wake up everyday confused thinking my mom is yelling at him when actually it's his clock. After all nothing is perfect, and this product does have some flaws. One major flaw is that the sound of the alarm isn't too loud, and it's possible that some heavy sleepers might sleep through it. Another con, well not to me but can be for some, is that this product runs on AA batteries rather than being a plug in. The phrases that are used as an alarm are quiet hilarious, but it can be offensive to some. Also the product doesn't feel very sturdy, so it might break really easy if it falls from a certain height. At the end of the day this is a little alarm clock for a cheap price, that is a nice alternative to everyday alarm clocks. I think it's a great product and hey if you have a lazy family member or you have trouble getting up yourself, give this product a shot.

Hopefully I helped! if you have any questions/comments please let me know. Thanks for reading!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2012 2:02:23 PM PST
abby says:
i am also hoping it will wake up my brother :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:24:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 8:55:04 PM PST
Sayeef Khan says:
It is good to know I am not alone haha, I hope the clock works out for you!!

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:19:33 AM PST
AliceGreene says:
Very cute review, thanks! :) Just a note: Some people are quite hard to wake, but subconsciously knowing that other people are "taking responsibility" for your being awake on time can contribute to the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:41:27 AM PST
Sayeef Khan says:
Haha thank you very much Alice, and your absolutely correct because my mom says the same thing all the time to my brother. Good news is that he has been waking up on his own and on time for the past couple of months now. I am proud of him haha. Thank you very much again for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 8:56:55 AM PST
Great review! My brother could have used one of these when we all lived under the same roof!

I have the opposite problem with my 10 year old daughter. She wakes up hideously early (sometimes as early as 4:30 am...) and starts reading. Then she's grumpy for the day. Ugh!

I'm looking for a clock that will turn on a light when it's okay to wake up. Does this thing light up when the alarm goes off? This product came up in a search for a lighting alarm clock, but I don't see anything about lights in the description. Thanks! And I hope your mother thanks you as well! ;)

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:07:08 AM PST
Just watched a YouTube video of this product... it's funny, but probably not appropriate for my daughter's needs. Thanks again for your review!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:24:29 AM PST
Sayeef Khan says:
Thank you so much, I am glad I can help :) The alarm clock does in fact light up but only the screen portion, however like you have already discovered the phrases are a little too much for your daughter at such an early age and might frighten her in the middle of the night. However, it is awesome how your daughter reads on her own at such an early age, that is a very good sign for a bright future. I hope you find a clock that suits your needs!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (99 customer reviews)

$23.10 $17.13